1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

President Obama's Christmas message centres on...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Dec 1, 2011.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

You are correct, not sure where I got that from.

I'm still agin ig :)

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting article

There have been times in the history of the Congress - that they did suspend franking.

In addition - there are others that have franking - Veeps, Congressional-elect, former congress, ect

and of course - GI's in a combat zone.

3. Christos doulos

Christos doulos New Member

My friend, this shouldn't confuse you. Works is evidence that we are saved. Jesus Christ was not telling us to do, but gave signs of what a believer does or what a believer looks like

A true believer who has the indwelling Holy Spirit; the ongoing redemptive work being done in them WILL love God and his neighbor. The focus should not be doing; but being. This is called bearing fruit. That is Christ message.

#43 Christos doulos, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
  4. Christos doulos

I do. If you are not going to give the true message of Christ teaching then I prefer you give none at all. Where is the ACLU when you need them?

5. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

7 And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38 This is the great and [a]foremost commandment. 39 The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’

Sure looks like He was telling us what to do.

6. Christos doulos

My friend, Jesus was dividing the 10 commandments into 2 groups, and reiterating (Deuteronomy 6:5) "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might..."

The first group: Loving God is first 4 and the second group: loving your neighbor is the last 6. My friend are the commandments a to do list or is it a mirror; a school teacher that demonstrates to us what sin is, and the standard of God's righteousness? Can you honestly say, you have always put God first in your life? Why would Jesus burden us with such an impossible task when relying on our own strength?

#46 Christos doulos, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011