1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Presidential Debate Comments

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Am presently watching a replay of the debate with the sound muted and the captions on, so as not to wake Wifey. Based on body language alone, Romney seems to be doing better than Obama. I get the impression that 1. Obama should have prepped more., and 2. He seems lost without a teleprompter.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Here is how a liberal would explain it. "Well, in Jeremiah 1:5, where Scripture states the Lord knew everyone before they were born, notice it says nothing about their state of life at the point of birth."

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I did not watch the debate, but saw snips afterwards. It reminded me of President Bush in the 1992 debates with Clinton and Perot. Bush kept looking at his watch like he did not want to be there. That is exactly the impression I got of Obama, that he either did not want to be there, or his heart was just not into trying to explain his record. I do get the distinct impression that this debate got the Romney campaign back on track.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The debate began here at 3:00 a.m. ... so I did not stay up to watch. I've read about the debate and two things that I noticed were;

Romney won the debate and the truth lost.

Only an evil person would want to kill Big Bird.

6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you show me where scripture says a person who wants to cut funding to the elderly in their health care and food assistance, like Meals on Wheels, can go to heaven?

#46 Crabtownboy, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
  7. targus

targus New Member

Proof that libs live in a fantasy world.

Big Bird is a character - a big puppet - not alive - not real.

If funding for PBS is ended anything worth having on the air should be able to transition to any one of a multitude of cable channels.

8. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

In the avenues of the World Wrestling Federation(The WWF)---a la Hulk Hogan

Romney bodyslammed Obama----pinned him to the floor and he was hollerin' "Ya'll get off!!!!"

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

9. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

:laugh: :laugh::laugh: What's funny is that you're serious.

10. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

A picture is worth a thousand words, look at Michelle and Barack's expressions compared to Romney just moments after the debate ended.

[​IMG]

12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

It was you who lied on another thread about a 10% unemployment rate when Obammy took office!

This comment demonstrates the depth of your philosophy. It is okay to slaughter 4000 unborn babies each day but "big bird"! You should be ashamed of yourself but I have noticed most leftists are without shame!

13. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

And on their wedding anniversary!

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Okay, that was awesome.

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

Looking at Michelle, I think Barack spent the night on the couch last night. :tongue3:

[​IMG]

#55 Winman, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
  16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me thinks Crabby is upset.

17. Winman

Winman Active Member

It's OK, after Romney kills Big Bird, he's going to donate the body to a poor family for Thanksgiving. :applause:

18. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She's looking at John Kerry. Kerry was Obama's debate sparring partner in rehearsals. Fail.

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

A FORMER baby killer, yeah. But someone who continues to practice the sin? Are they really saved? Are they really confessing their sins? If a murderer says a prayer then goes and kills someone else again, are they truly saved? You said "the baby killer can still go to heaven and be a baby killer" It is the going to heaven and "be" a baby killer that is the issue. The Bible says that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God. I'd say that a baby killer would be quite unrighteous.

20. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    General observations.

Obama looked disinterested, almost arrogant in a way, as if he were saying "how dare you challenge me! I'm the President of the United States!" A couple of times when Obama smiled his whole face lit up and he seemed likable, but he quickly went back to looking like a curmudgeon. His answers were rambling, overly detailed, almost lecturing. My wife said he appeared condescending. He seemed flustered when Romney flat out said, "I won't give upper income people a $5 trillion tax break."

Romney was energized. He effectively personalized himself with his stories from people he met on the campaign trail. Yes, I noticed the people he mentioned were all from swing states. He boiled down his 59 point economic plan to five points (thank you!) and even used my phrase "trickle down government" a couple of times to describe Obama's plan. Woo-hoo! I LOVED it when, during the middle of the debate, Romney said, "this is fun!" and you could tell he genuinely meant it.

Obama's closing statement was abysmal. He spoke in general terms about how he needed more time to lift up the middle class and then talked about how he is going to fight for the middle class. Problem is--he barely had any fight in him when he was in the debating ring!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.