1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Presidential Debate Comments

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

You must think folks are stupid, you are 100% in the sack with Obama. The only person you are fooling is yourself.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe this debate will have a big effect in Romney's favor.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

That seems to be the opinion of "fair and balanced" Fox people.

I noted earlier I thought that the debate was boring. I believe i am like Krauthammer, i would have liked to see a little more "in your face". It seems that Obama attempted to do that but Romney controlled the tenor of the debate. Krauthammer indicated he thought that was the goal of Romney and that he impressed people as being presidential in doing that.

Chris Wallace said earlier he had contacted a Romney operative and was told that was the Romney strategy.

#63 OldRegular, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2012
  4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

CNN poll has Obama winning. Just sayin.

5. OldRegular

And they claim to have polled more Republicans. Makes me suspicious!

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't. Too much AGREEING and not enough distinguishing himself as different from the President on things.

That made him look weak.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Folks are always suspicious when polling doesn't go for their candidate.

9. OldRegular

Yeah zaac and some are suspicious by nature!:laugh:

10. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found I could watch the debate on C-Span this morning. I must say the split screen worked against Romney. When not speaking he look uncomfortable, unsure and not confident. One of the responses in this thread spoke to this.

I was amazed how he moved away from his hawkish statement toward the middle, if not a pacifistic position, with his statement on "We cannot kill our way out of this mess." Then he denied making some of the hawkish statements. It is astounding how he can deny making statement that he made to win right-wing voters.

Both men made some mistakes, but it is hard to be prefect, even in a debate.

It was pretty obvious that Romney wanted to steer the debate away from foreign policy as he kept trying to bring the debate back to issues covered in the 2nd debate.

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Has to be some kind of record. 8 pages devoted to a two bit freak show.

"Na na na na na my freak is better than your freak!" "Oh no he ain't my freak is better than your freak!"

God help us. Because neither of these freaks will.

#71 poncho, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  12. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I have said before, there is no way to know which Romney you are voting for as he continues to contradict previous statements.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That might all be true about Romney like you say Crabby I'm not arguing with you about Romney. I don't trust him at all. We sure don't have the same problem with Obama though do we? No we don't because he has proven time and again that he is a pathological liar. We know exactly where he is coming from.

Is that what we need in a president?

Neither of these guys are fit to lead this nation but c'mon get real the last thing this county needs is another four years of lies and deception from a guy we already know to be a liar and deceiver.

On the one hand we got a known chicken hawk liar that's been arming our enemies and on the other we got a chicken hawk draft dodger promising to arm our enemies better than the chicken hawk liar he's trying to defeat in a sham s-election.

I have to ask this . . . are you people insane? Seriously what in the world ails you all?

After asking that I just realized what's missing in all these debates. SANITY!

It's no wonder the democrats and republicans conspired together to keep Gary Johnson out these debates. They last thing they want Americans seeing is just how similar and insane these two criminal parties really are.

#73 poncho, Oct 23, 2012
  14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

from the lips of the Oval Office CEO ---- We have these things called Aircraft Carriers . . .

Me believes "O" would LOVE to skipper the Abraham Lincoln!!!!!! He'd run it aground just like he has the nation he "Skippers":type::type:

#74 blackbird, Oct 23, 2012
  15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This might sound strange--I think Obama won the debate but I think Romney will benefit the most.

As commander in chief Obama was in command of the facts (as he sees them.) Romney was much too agreeable only differing with Obama on a few future policies--arming the Syrian rebels and tightening the sanctions on Iran. He said "I agree with the President" at least three times. Romney failed to question Obama further on Benghazi. Obama challenged Romney several times and had Romney on his heels. So in this sense Romney lost the debate.

However, Romney showed undecided voters that he wasn't the trigger happy candidate that Obama has been trying to portray him as. Romney used the word 'peace' at least a half dozen times and (I think) three times in his closing statement. Romney's best line was when he told the President "we can't kill our way to success" in hostile Muslim nations. I think undecided voters who were wondering about Romney's chops as a commander in chief were placated. So in this sense Romney gets the bigger benefit from this debate.

All that said, I don't think the polls will move at all. Possibly Romney picks up a sliver more of support.

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Must be a disability due to liberalism. Reasonable people know full well.

17. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

That sums up basically how I saw the debate as well.

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    then we watched different debates. He disagreed more than he agreed. I do not consider any old response reasonable or winning. Obama had nothing but talking points, arrogance, and condescension. That is my book makes him lose. Romney had clear answers for everything. To me being a good arguer does not make a winner. There has to be more substance than that. Obama had none just DNC talking points.

His arrogance and condescension means he had no real substance and therefore loses.

#78 Revmitchell, Oct 23, 2012
  19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It must really pain you that Obama did a better job. :laugh:

The depths of some people's bitterness toward that man. Bitterness that folks don't let go of will turn to hate.

It's kinda difficult to out punch an incumbent President on foreign policy when you don't have the experience. With all the agreeing he did, he made Obama look , oddly enough, Presidential in the decisions he had made.

Romney needs women voters. But women vote safety and security. And last night Romney made it look like the President was doing a very good job in that area.

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep and Obama supporter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.