1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Presidential Debates

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Cutter, May 1, 2008.

1. Cutter

Cutter New Member

The following is a letter I wrote today to the Atlanta Journal Editors.
    What do you think? Has the questioning been tough enough and relevant to the issues?

"There has been debate about the Presidential debates, among the candidates, media, and electorate. Let me weigh in on my problem with the debates. Where are the tough questions? For example, the questions like the ones that you and I are expected to answer when applying for a new position. Questions like, "What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?" "What kinds of people do you find most difficult to work with?"
    "What are your greatest accomplishment in your current position?" Tell us of a time you could not finish a job due to lack of support or incomplete information and how you remedied the situation?" "If you could improve one thing about your job performance, what would it be?" etc...etc... The candidates are applying and vying for the highest office in the land and we are responsible for hiring the best candidate. Hopefully the media, and the electorate when asked to participate, will consider tough questions like these instead of playing pattycake."