1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prez Urges SC to Strike Down DOMA (Same Gender Marriages)

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Feb 22, 2013.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SEE:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...id10|htmlws-main-bb|dl2|sec1_lnk3&pLid=274344

One question: Will Obama use his Executive influence and powers to force same-gender marriage upon this country?

Should the government be allowed to force 89% of the population (per this report, 11% of Americans are attracted to same-gender relations - http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...an-bisexual-transgender/news/2011/04/07/18551) to accept, what many consider a reprehensible act, or at least a disgusting moral act?

I have no problem with same-gender people breathing the same air as me. I am just conflicted, morally and Biblically, with them wanting to share the institution of marriage.

Any thoughts on your behalf about what the Prez seems to be doing and what will more than likely be a forgone conclusion in the days ahead of us: The normalization of same-gender marriage?

Is it worth fighting any longer? Should we just let the world on the freeway to hell[wide road to destruction] speed on down the road to their final judgment and sentence?After all. the same gender folks I talk to about Jesus are well versed, and I can honestly say, that in 40 plus years, I've not seen one come to Jesus...:tear:

#1 righteousdude2, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
  2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My thoughts are really CONFLICTED....

To be truthful, I am growing tired of the old heave ho to shove immorality down my throat. However, the handwriting is clearly on the walls, and it will be only a matter of time before Americans will have to share a sacred, hallowed event [marriage] with a minority group, that is rooted in lust and perversion.

I am thoroughly disgusted with the leadership of this nation, but more importantly; I blame the softening [morality and values] of America on higher education [for their liberal agenda and how that agenda is being passed down to our children in liberal leaning schools]; Hollywood; mass media; and organizations like the ACLU, Rainbow Coalition, GLAAD and other community organizations that are there to attack the conservative morals and values of this nation.

Personally speaking, I honestly believe the battle is over. And I see little value in resisting this successful underground movement to normalize and tolerate same-gender people within our society.

And as I've said in the past, I know many same-gender people who I honestly think are better neighbors than some of those who use the name of Jesus and claim the label of Christan.

And I do not mind sharing this world or the air that I breathe with same-gender people, any more than I mind sharing life with those who make up the melting pot population of this country. Nevertheless, I remain personally and spiritually conflicted with sharing the word "marriage" with a group of people that are not living in acordance to what Jesus said about marriage, and that is it should be between one man and one woman.

Maybe I'm "old fashion" but trying to be receptive of same-gender people who want to trample down the institution of marriage, irks me!

How about you? What are your thoughts? :wavey:

3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

From a link in another thread on illegals obtaining "pink" driver's licenses.
    IMO, this addresses the first part of your opening post where you asked the question:
    It appears Obama now has his framework in place to by-pass Congress, at will with no one to stop him.

Sadly, I agree with you. From a society standpoint, the battle is over. Satan has won.

Regardless of what society approves, the test is still what meets approval in the eyes of God. Being "spiritually conflicted with sharing the Word", in any context, is just what Satan wants, in every member of the body of Christ.

My brother and friend, just remember these words, as IMO, the need for them grows stronger with every passing day.

Ephesians 6: KJB

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Brother, may our Saviour be with you and help you carry the cross you bear, even if you are a voice crying out in the wilderness.

:null: