1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Primeval beginnings of Sunday-sacredness

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Galatians 4: 8-11,

"How is it at all possible that, when you did not know God, you worshipped the by-nature-no-gods, but now when you do know God – or, rather, got to be known by God – how is it at all possible you RETURN, AGAIN, onto the weak and beggarly elemental-gods … those you AGAIN and ANEW desire to worship and superstitiously divine: (the) days-and-months-and-seasons-and-years (elemental-no-gods) — I am afraid on your part, I bestowed my labours on you in vain.”

2. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Like "Saturn" day?

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “Paratehreisthe’ from ‘paratehreoh’, from ‘para’ and ‘tehreoh’—incidentally most often used as “superstitiously to observe” in religious ceremonial ‘observance’ by visual astrological ‘observation’ : “…to worship and superstitiously divine”.

Effectively complementing one another, the distinctive meanings of the Preposition ‘para’, of the Verb ‘tehreoh’, and of the Conjunction ‘kai’ in the clause, ‘hehmeras paratehreisthe kai mehnas kai kairous kai eniautous’, together translate exactly, “You worship observing days as compared with months as compared with seasons as compared with years”. ‘Comparison’ through ‘observation’ and ‘estimating’ and ‘calculating’— the exact procedures executed on body-parts of animal sacrifices, physically ‘inspected’ while being lifted up against the upcoming sun’s light— idolatry to this very day of ours going on in the most unexpected places.

In meteorology— the luminous band of reflection of the sun’s rays on atmospheric ice particles forming a ‘parhelic circle’ or ‘solar halo’ superstitiously doped ‘Sun Dog’ or ‘mock sun’. Similar a ‘paraselene’, ‘mock moon’, the bright image of the moon on a lunar halo.

‘Sunday’, ‘Saturday’ etc. derived from the same ‘superstitious worship-observance’ of the ‘heavenly gods’.

#3 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2011
  4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was once given an assignment on 'The Teaching'. A factor was whether the 'planetary names' of the days of the week originated AD or BC.

Bob Ryan, I think, will have interesting things to say about this; please Bob?