1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Primitive Baptists beliefs

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Typical Calvinist responce.... and white boys cant jump.:tongue3:

2. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

True EWF. And my apologies to Greek Tim for coming off abrasively. That's one of those buttons. I'll crawl back in my hole now.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please don't...I value your point of view. Its high time folks like you speak out. THANKS:thumbs:

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to derail a good thread, but the name Primitive Baptist congers up the sight of a caveman carrying a Bible, and knocking potential converts over the head with his club.....:smilewinkgrin:

No back to your topic. I appreciate the topic as it helps me to know something about the beliefs of PBs. Still, I can't agree with only the elect going to eternity. I could never figure how a person would know for sure they were one of the elect without some physical sign to confirm their belief. If someone would explain this, I'd be grateful.

#24 righteousdude2, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
  5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can understand this to a degree. Thanks!

6. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The whole problem with trying to guess what God does with babies, or retarded people, etc is.....

God will not violate Hus own word, that's for sure. If a baby is born a sinner, and does not believe the gospel, that baby will be in hell when he dies. Scripture gives no back door, no wink at a baby based in his parents' faith, no exceptions.

Believe the gospel or perish.

But everyone here is starting with the false notion that babies are born sinners. If you get that wrong, then you're gonna be wrong in how God "handles" them.

DO NOT forget that we are made of two parts - spirit and body.

Corrupt body comes from Adam, sinless spirit comes from the breath of God.

Nobody nobody nobody is born with a corrupt spirit. That happens when we go our own way, become our own person, and determine for ourselves what is right and wrong.

Then we BECOME sinners. Every one of us, it is inevitable. Read Romans 1:17-25 to see this exchange from innocence to depravity.

So how does God "handle" someone who dies before he has the mental capacity to go his own way?

He doesn't have to "handle" them. They have not become corrupt yet.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you are among the race of 'stupid mortals" EW&F. How do you know if you interpret Scripture correctly?

All things are not revealed to us in the Word of God. The Lord has sound reasons for that. Just concentrate on the things that He has revealed (Deut.29:29).

Just rest in the fact that the Lord always does right --whether it lines up with what you think is right and fair does not matter.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well you tell that to all the souls who died in infantsy & those souls trapped in their own bodies without the faculties to even grasp simple thought much less the gospel that they are relegated to etermal hell fire.....and yes I will continue to believe that my God will do right beyond my flawed human understanding .....and I will continue to believe He operates off of mercy vs mechanical man made dogma.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats all bs James and you know it....and I really don't have the time to argue with another semi PELEGIAN & your dismissal of the doctrine trained of Total Inibility. To have to explain it again onlyinfurates me and you would just dismiss it anyway..... a pattern that Winman honed to a fine arguement and pov. That is your stance & you are welcome to it.....as for me, DoG is in scripture and the air I breathe.

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deut 29:29 and all of Scripture is still true regardless of your examples.
    And just how did you manage to extract that from any of my comments? You did not read that from my comments at all. You just like to say nasty things. You are noted for that.
    The majority of what I quoted of this section of your post is correct. The last part...not so much. I told you before that the Lord mercies who he decides to mercy and He hardens those who He wants to harden. Do you have a problem with that? Do you want to be the objector that Paul deals with in Romans 9? Or are you willing to cast your sentiments and anger aside and agree with Scripture?

You will have to flesh-out what you mean by man-made dogma. Sometimes when you disagree with the Bible you tend to color its doctrines with offensive language.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well that's a place of ignorance....one that you should correct.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong....I disagree with not one iota of scripture....but I disagree (again) with man made interpertations of gospel ....that is what I called dogma.

13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

14. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not bs. And it has nothing to do with Pelagius. He also erroneously ignored the distinction between inner being and flesh.

And it has nothing to do with inability, which relates to someone who is already corrupt. Inability also argues from the false notion that faith is a choice and action.

I'm talking about the impossibility of Adam being able to corrupt the breath of God, which HE breathes into a man. See Zechariah 12:1 & Ecclesiastes 12:7

If Adam's one sin corrupted the inner being of all his descendants, then you have a corrupted Christ, who was made like us in all respects. See Hebrews 2:14

I'm talking about whether or not someone has gone his own way, which is not possible for a baby or someone who is severely retarded. See Romans 1:17-25

This one false doctrine of original sin carries with it too many difficulties. The Roman Catholic Church has made a practice of adding doctrines to try to relieve these difficulties, and Protestants have continued the tradition.

My view is substantiated by scripture, and has no difficulties which need to be ironed out through philosophical reasoning.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#35 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
  16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow you dismiss total inability that easily? To tell you the truth, that underpinning of DoG making you far afield of my scriptural understanding and thus anathema to me.

17. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Far from that. I think the criteria of God's elect is the same for all people, young or old, adults or infants, mentally competent or insane.

18. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    No abrasion felt... that is a valid point. Let me consider how to respond before I post something here trite and unhelpful.

19. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again... no apologies necessary. You made a valid point. I need to articulate my response well.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then I will go so far as to say that if any individual is to be saved, it must by His mercy only.