1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Principles for Recovery.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by SaggyWoman, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Because it is a invaluable resource to dealing with the sin of addiction. When someone takes the word of God and applies it to the issues of life, it should be studied. It is thorougly biblical in its approach.

Didn't read it that close and analyze it. I don't know anything about R/U, but that's fine. Just a couple of comments.

This is, at root, a pride issue. Someone is asserting their own pride rather than accepting the word of God about his love. This person's perspective is all about self. That is the addict's main problem ... He lives for self.

That is what the church should be. Too many churches have no biblical love and fellowship.

These can be dangerously prone to falling into a mutual whine session where self becomes the focus. Most addicts do not need time to sit around and think about their problem and focus on self. They need to get up and get active in teh work of ministry to others. We need good solid relationships of biblical fellowship.

This is the way that salvation should always be presented. It should not be unique to any particular group. But we must guard against the temptation to offer moralistic help apart from God.

I don't know that anything you said is unbiblical. Perhaps if I took time to really analyze it I could make some more comments on it. It really doesn't matter that much. Welch does a tremendous job with the topic and that book is a must read for anyone involved in addiction counseling.