1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pro-Life Leaders Denounce Murder of Abortion Doctor George Tiller

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Why do you avoid the questions?

Here's another question, maybe you will answer it. Do you think abortion is murder?

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I didn't answer the questions because they have absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand. One more time, please stick to the subject of this thread.

Yes, I think abortion is murder. I am personally opposed to abortion just as I am opposed to the death penalty. Again, I support a woman's right to choose.

Regards,
    BiR

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Just as..." you say? Then if you "support a woman's right to choose," do you support society's right to choose to execute a convicted murderer? Or should your "just as" phrase be thrown out?

And I do not think you have any moral authority to make statements (like your quote above) and then say they are off-limits for discussion.

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

So, you believe abortion is murder, but also think it is OK for someone to make that choice? That doesn't make sense! It makes even less sense when we know that you also think it is wrong to murder a teenager, but think someone shouldn't have the choice to do that.

Please answer the question, why can someone have the choice to kill the unborn, but not have the choice to kill the already born?

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

How would a woman's right to choose to have an abortion or choose to kill you be any different in terms of the result in human life? So are you saying that you are against abortion and for a woman's right to choose and that if she chose to have an abortion you would support her choice. Isn't that a dichotomy?

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

BiR
    The man who killed Tiller exercised choice. What is the difference between him choosing to murder Tiller and a woman choosing to murder her unborn child.

7. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Again, the "woman's right to choose" argument is the dumbest in history. If a woman has the right to choose whether or not to murder the baby in her womb, then a woman has the right to murder the 3 month old infant that is keeping her up at night crying, or the 2 year old that just behave, or the teenager that is being rebellious, or her middle age husband who has life insurance. You see, the unborn has a life just like the born. If I can lawfully choose to murder in cold blood a baby in the mother's womb, then I should lawfully be able to choose to murder in cold blood any individual I come into contact with. To come to any other conclusion is to be inconsistent.

Another point here: we, as a society, need to understand that "tolerating" abortion as a society subjects our society to the judgment of God. People want to point to abortion as something God will exclusively judge the particular person responsible for. To come to this conclusion is to ignore the OT and history. God has always judged nations for their sins. While I fully believe that God will individually judge these women for murdering their children, I also believe He will judge our society here in time if we do not turn aside from this wickedness.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pro-Choice is Pro-Abortion no matter how you try to dance around the issue.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree with the others who say that pro-choice is being pro-abortion. I know that those who are pro-choice will argue that but let's be honest: if you are allowing a person to make a choice between two things, you are saying that both choices are OK. I do not give my children choices to either run in front of a car or not because running in front of a car is wrong. I do not allow my children to choose between eating poison for dinner or the roast beef I made because it is not OK to eat poison. IF I gave my children the choices above, I am telling them that the choice to do the "bad" thing is not bad and that it is, in fact, OK for them.

In the same way, when we say that we feel a woman should have the right to chose an abortion or not, we are saying that abortion is a valid choice - one that would be fine for them to choose. However, saying that abortion is wrong makes one HAVE to say that the choice should not be there. If something is wrong, do we allow it to be a valid choice? No. We just can't.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Should we make killing abortionists legal and a matter of choice? It is no more evil than being pro-choice to slaughter unborn children by using vacuums and medical instruments to rip babies limb from limb.

#50 Revmitchell, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
  11. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

BIR, you threw red meat to the wolves.

12. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I can't imagine the mental gymnastics you have to put yourself through to be pro-choice and anti-abortion at the same time.

*head explodes*

13. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is one of the BEST analogies I have seen for this abomination!!:thumbsup:

I'm going to keep these thoughts in mind!:thumbs:

14. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Actually it comes natural with the pro slaughter of the unborn crowd. Perhaps it is in the genes? Perhaps it is a gift of Satan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.