1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pro-Life Voters Have No Reason to Vote for Pro-Abortion Obama

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We still hear from a few people who say they are pro-life, but who intend to vote for Barack Obama for other reasons. From reading their letters and hearing their arguments, I firmly believe we can win enough of these people to the pro-life Romney/Ryan camp to win the election. Here’s why:

Polls show a majority of Americans oppose abortion. But many Americans don’t understand that when they vote for a presidential candidate who supports abortion “rights,” they are voting for the killing of many thousands, perhaps even hundreds of thousands of additional children. They are also voting to allow the most brutal of late abortions. There is no way around this fact.

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/10/01/pro-life-voters-have-no-reason-to-vote-for-pro-abortion-obama/

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Obama wins - that will also mean 2-4 supreme court justices to be named.

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I feel a lot of the Obama voters are as Howard Stern showed in his latest video where they didn't even know who Obama was or Romney either. I truly believe there is a larger number of liberal voters that are ignorant because they have been hoodwinked by the national media. There is no way to know the exact numbers, but think about who you know is conservative, aren't they fairly informed? Think the same about liberal friends, they usually just spout what the media is feeding them, get them off that topic and on to important issues and they give you the deer-in-the-headlights look.

I look at my life and see the same thing throughout America. I was raised to believe in voting for the working man and that was to vote for a Democrat, and Republicans were all rich and didn't like seniors. I fell for it and voted for Jimmy carter because my Mom and Dad convinced me without me doing any legwork. Later in life I started researching the issues and found out the truths behind all the spin on both sides. Also becoming a Christian along the way showed me how immoral the Democratic party was. I think the majority of liberal voters are still in the same phase I was in early in life. They vote for Obama because they are told to and don't care to find out why.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and when the libs promise a chicken in every pot, and a free medicaid card......

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This is exactly where the difficulty of this election rests. No doubt about it, Obama is pro abortion and is not going to change. However, when one casts a vote for Romney, one is taking the word of a politician that he has changed his views on abortion and gay rights. There is no clear cut choice on this issue. Your post is more realistic than the first post that implies that pro life people should be marching like good little Christians as to war towards the Romney camp, based on his word. There is no record to back it up, none whatsoever. On top of that, how good could the word be of someone that is not a Christian?

I am voting for Romney, because he will cause less damage in my opinion. It is certainly not the baloney in post #1. A vote has to be based on a realistic, honest conclusion drawn about the situation, not a mythical fairy tale through rose colored glasses that starts out the thread.