1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Problem with viewing cd images

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by following-Him, Jul 17, 2007.

1. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

We are trying to view some images on cd and we keep getting an error message come up: "failed to runC:/DOCUME" and an error message - error 14001 and I was wondering if anyone could advise us please?

Many thanks

Blessings
    followinghim

#1 following-Him, Jul 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2007
  2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Number of possibles and probably more than I will list.

Open drawer and blow into the drive (removes dust from lense).

If this cd came from someone else, try it in another computer or drive. There is a compatibility problem from drive to drive at times or the original drive could have a problem.

Reboot your computer and try it.

Use it as a frizzzzzzby :thumbs:

You could go to control panel/system/device manager and see if there are any red question marks or yellow explanation points. If there are open that item/s and see if the messages tell you anything.

3. following-Him

Exscentric

Thank you for your help. I have done as you recommended but it has made no difference.

We have had the cd in use before, so we are at a loss as to what the problem is.

The disk is from the hospital and contains images of my husbands brain tumour. We received another disk today and that one worked fine but when we put the first disk in to compare images the first disk doesn't want to work.

I think Rob is going to take both disks back to the hospital so that they can be checked.

Again, many thanks for your help

Blessings

followinghim

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could be just a compatibility problem. My son does dvds for us and we never know which of four dvd drives will read his disks. He burns them all on the same drive, but they seldom work on our drives - that is dvd not cd, but might be same problem, or your drive might be getting flaky on you.

If anyone is mechanically minded you could pull the drive from the computer and take off the top cover and see if there is dust inside and clean the lense with soft damp cloth. Dust in the mechanics could also mess things up. Drives are pretty cheap these days also.

5. following-Him

Exscentric

Thank you for all your helpful suggestions. Rob just called to say that the hospital have given him a new cd of the MRI images.

Many thanks and blessings

followinghim