1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Progressive Dispensationalism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    PD looks at the OT promises through the NT writers, not the other way around.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Slanderous Calvinists just keep revealing their malice, posting one fiction after another. But it is true I habitually demonize the mistaken doctrines of Calvinism, such as TULI. :)

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks, pay no attention to these Calvinists (Amillennialists probably) who would rather misrepresent Progressive Dispensationalism, then discuss it, being too busy hurling slanderous statements to undercut a proponent. :)

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right about those of us who hold to the Doctrines of Grace, yet also uphold PD/ or even Classic dispy?

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is interesting that you are allowed to slander what calvinists really teach and believe, yet whenever any of us bring to task your erronous beliefs, we get labeled as being hard hearted/slanderous/not smart etc!

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Next, yet another misrepresentation. I do not say you are slanderous because you address my "erronous" beliefs, I label you as slanderous because you misrepresent my beliefs.

Did you see this slander, "Van will never admit he is wrong." I am wrong lots of times, and admit it freely. But this charge is repeated and repeated ad nauseum.

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I present Calvinism as published, rather than the denials of its doctrines post on this forum. That is not slander.

1) If Total Spiritual Inability were true, the Paul could not be zealous for God unless altered by Irresistible Grace. But since he still rejected Jesus, the revelatory grace he experienced was not irresistible.

2) If Unconditional Election were true, then we would not be chosen for salvation through faith in the truth. So Calvinism says 2 Thessalonians 2:13 does not mean what it says.

3) If Christ did not die as a ransom for all, then the false prophet would not have been bought with the blood of the Master. So Calvinism says 2 Peter 2:1 does not mean what it says.

4) If the Calvinist doctrine of Irresistible Grace were true, then men could not have been entering heaven, yet be blocked by false teachers. So Calvinism says Matthew 23:13 does not mean what it says.

9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please tell us then, some examples of when you were wrong and admitted it.

10. thisnumbersdisconnected

Don't feel alone, Yeshua. That's anyone who dares disagree with him, not just Calvinist/Reformed.

11. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That should be a clue, Van. We all see it. Think about it.

12. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

That's good. I was referring to the traditional or classic brand of Dipensationalism in my post. Sorry I was vague there.

:confused: I could have sworn this was a thread about Progressive Dispensationalism...

13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi RL, I was responding to a Calvinist slander in this thread. Why not direct your criticism toward that poster? :)

Yes, I agree that the other two look at the NT through the lens of the OT promises.

My post # 88 was in response to post #86.

#93 Van, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
  14. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

I am aware of what you were responding to. While I wouldn't necessarily agree with the way they said what they said. I don't really disagree either, and I certainly don't disagree with the content of their criticism. You repeatedly misrepresented me personally in the Arm/Cal debate section last week/earlier this week.

You've been pretty even keeled in this discussion of PD. Wish you would do the same regarding Calvinism.

Primarily I said what I did because you launched into an anti-Calvinist rant there, not just responding to criticism. Bit of a difference between the two.

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Slander, no matter how oft posted by Calvinists, does not gain creditability if repeated by various Calvinists, or the same Calvinist numerous times.

For example, Rippon claimed I never admitted to being wrong. But I admitted it was my malfeasance to ask Greektim to man up. But what is interesting is that you, nor any other Calvinist, who knows this charge is bogus, admitted it. No, you reinforced it. And so it goes, behold the fruit of Calvinism.

#95 Van, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
  16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi RL, why more ad homenims, addressing my behavior, rather than the topic. Again, no Calvinist will post ," I thought this thread was about PD" addressing you.

Hypocrisy on display.

1) I did not misrepresent you. No quote will be forthcoming.

2) Calvinism is mistaken doctrine, as I have demonstrated from scripture many times, including post #88. I provide even keeled, i.e. contextual, evidence from scripture for every claim I make concerning Calvinism's mistaken doctrines.

17. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Seriously dude??

I was trying to be nice to you. I said I didn't necessarily agree with the way it was stated. I simply offered my own thoughts, from my own interaction with you. I have not said you never admit you are wrong. I simply stated you misrepresented me in your apparent crusade against Calvinism. I was agreeing with Rippon's statement that you "habitually demonize Calvinists and engages in deliberate distortion."

Calm down. The Calvies aren't out to get you.

18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Progressive Dispensationalism is sound doctrine, and is consistent with all scripture. It asserts, with Paul, that born anew Gentile believers are children of the promise, and can actually sing, "Father Abraham." See Galatians 3 and Romans 9-11.

19. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Do you know what ad hominem means? Where did I make an ad hominem attack on you? I said you misrepresented me. That's it. That is not ad hominem.

1) You did. If i show you, you will deny it.
    2) Sure. We'll go with that.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one here has tried to "get you", its just that many of us think that you have made up what you think calvinists believe in, and yet attack those misunderstandings all the time!

And the question of PD does seem to rile you up with there is ANY suggestion /hint that how PD views eschatology does seem to be diverting towards more of a Covenant view!