1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Progressive Dispensationalism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly! This is in part, based on biblical theology, I moved to Amill. An extra 1,000 year reign is needless and arbitrary when all the promises find their "yes" in Jesus.

2. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

I see that. That's why I feel myself slowly sliding toward the amill side of the fence. If it weren't for Revelation I would certainly be amill.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ???? What's in Rev to hinder you from adding Idealism into your interpretive approach? I'm like others, I see merit in all four views with the book; Preterist, Historicist, Idealist, Futurist.

Historicist view has affected me more than any though.

4. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

I think we talked about this before. The text talks about 1,000 years and repeatedly mentions it. The layout makes it appear as if it is a period of time between the Second Coming and the New Heavens and Earth. Is it certain? No, but it makes the most sense to me.

I agree with you, i see merit in all 4 as well. I would describe myself primarily as a Historicist, leaning partial-preterist. Idealism, while bringing up some good points, is too often too much of a stretch on the text IMO.

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Jesus is reigning now on David's throne, then why have an additional 1000 year reign on Earth? But if Jesus is not reigning now on David's throne, then the 1000 year reign on earth is necessary to fulfill prophecy.

Why not address the reasons why you think "His Father's thone" is His throne. And why not think of Jesus as waiting until His enemies are made a footstool, rather than reigning?