1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Prophecy fulfilled today! Jesus is coming soon.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jul 20, 2012.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I suppose some of us "are compelled", perhaps predestined, to address Scriptural error when we see it!

2. OldRegular

Actually replacement theology is a dispensational myth, or is it allegory, or metaphor? Whatever! it is mythical; and it is the dispensational error of Darby/Scofield that has only been around a hundred years or so, sometime after Margaret Macdonald had her vision.

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen and well said MB! David Jeremiah has written 7 books on Bible prophecy and I have read all 7 of them. We cant ignore the signs of the times.

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are different types of Dispensationalist and different degrees of interpretation. Perhaps this new book I am reading called the Harbinger, the author is stretching scripture a little. Looking at Isa 9:10 or the verse he uses I think he is most definitely doing that. However there are truths in the book and I am reading it for the interest level and the truths in the book. Yes he does stretch the Bible at times, but its got good content as well.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dispensationalism did not start with Darby or Scofield. Look at history and you will see that this is a myth about us.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    <Snip list of disasters over the centuries.>

OK, would you now present a list of mass murders that have occurred over the centuries to refute the OP's claim of "the love of many has grown cold" is a fulfillment of prophecy?

Generally, I don't look to headlines to fit prophecy but I can't think of any examples of a loner killing dozens of strangers before this generation. Just last year we had 70+ people killed in Norway and now we have this incident in Aurora, CO. There was also Columbine, the DC snipers, Virginia Tech massacre, Fort Hood army base killings, etc. etc. People have had guns for hundreds of years yet only recently are we seeing this sort of killings. Why?

I believe this mass murder of strangers is a new phenomena and could be a fulfillment of prophecy.

7. OldRegular

I have and dispensationalism started with Darby and was propagated in this country by Scofield. It was a sad day for the Church when the Scofield Bible was published!

8. OldRegular

Samson killed a thousand or so with the jawbone of an ass!

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Being a literalist I have very little time for Bible stretchers

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Impossible...I'm sure Iconoclast still has his :laugh:

All kidding aside the comparison of Samson (righteous) to the many killings in recent history (unrighteous) is apples and space shuttles.

11. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to admit that the things happening today gives us a reason to remember He can come at any moment. I pray for His comming before things get much worse.
    MB

12. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

The world is a thousand times better off than it was 2,000 years ago, brother.

Wholesale slaughter was not uncommon then. Murder was a recreational PASS-TIME in Rome.

The most civilized nation in the world in that day fed people to lions for entertainment.

Immorality was a MILLION times more rampant then. The Romans, I am told, did not even have a WORD for "homosexual" because it was not thought of as a distinct sexual practice from heterosexuality. It was EXTREMELY common for Roman men to have "boy lovers" and the nation did not frown upon this.

The most civilized nation in the world had massive sex temples built for the pagan gods serviced by a thousand prostitutes, male and female, where it was very commonplace to have massive orgies nightly.

If Matthew 24 requires the world to become more immoral before Jesus can return then we've got a while.

These are things many dispensationalists do not know.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

We should not need headlines and such to remind us. The Bible tells us and that should be enough.

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a pre trib Dispy, but aleways need to take the bible in contex, and to read it in the light of per the Apsotles, we have been on the "end times" since he ascended!

Do believe that wehave had same kind of trials/diseases/natural disastors, that will be consistant intil he returns, but do think frequency and intensity incrreases closer to him returning we get!

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, the Lord used the rejection by isreal to bring us into salvation thru yeshua, he is the messaih to both jews/gentiles!

he now is dealing thru the Church, but one day will redeal and restore national isreal....

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Such as when he will return to rapture his Church!

17. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes the Bible does tell us and what it tells us is happening right before our eyes. The news media only confirms it.
    In Mathew 24 the Lord told us of the events that lead up to His coming. We are up to the point where people are being murdered for their faith in Jesus. Earth quakes are happening at an alarming rate. Natural disaster is certainly on the rise.

Missionaries are already saying that this prophecy has already happened.
    Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
    MB

18. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well I'm not reformed.

Then don't post them in the General Forum. Honestly if you only want your assumptions reinforced and your conclusions to be unchallenged then general discourse with a group of people probably isn't for you. However when you openly (and continually) post drivel that conflates singular events in a small community in the middle of Western civilization and conclude that this clearly must be a harbinger of the end for all humanity I'm going to challenge that statement.

Then attempting to dismiss proper critique by stating that only those who agree with you can post (which you didn't mention above) is a foolish way to avoid intellectual challenge. It smacks of the hubris of anti-intellectual fundamentalism. This is no way to comport oneself amongst fellow believers.

If you can't handle deeper level discussions than maybe you should refrain from posting ridiculous eschatological speculation and then call for conclusions.

19. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

What part of my post do you disagree with? What specific parts of my point are erroneous and display a "poor view of cripture"?

I am happy to talk details with you but in this reply you've actually added nothing but a trite retort that fails to engage at any level with the statement I made against over-realized eschatology.

I get that these discussions are complicated and if you can't handle the rigor of actual engagement and discussing the specific points of disagreement than maybe this is a conversation you should sit out.

20. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

This is false. You simply cannot find dispensational theology articulated before Darby. Some attempt to claim that the chialist position of patristic scholars was dispensational, yet at closer examination they were articulating a covenant theological position. Also, it is a false claim to say that because the "Catholic Church" opposed dispensationalism it destroyed all the early works. We have a very thorough compendium of patristic and early church writings, including many works that were rejected by the framers of the NT canon. None of them articulate dispensationalism.

The truth is Darby is the first dispensationalist. It is a recent development in theology.