1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PROPHECY: Seven "Motivational" Gifts from the Holy Spirit

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dr. Bob, Jun 9, 2010.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for your answer. This is very informative.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Sometimes those characteristics comes across that way because the person receiving the message does not want to hear the truth. In the case of someone with a strong gift of discernment, it seems that person might make a person (of course God does it) aware they are in fact not saved and need a relationship with the Lord. I believe there are people who play church so long and so convincingly that they actually believe they are saved.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Dr. Bob....

... as for prophesy, there are those who state that this gift is dead, or, at least NOT being given out (by God) and, or, used in this day and age.

My only question is, if the church believes that the other 6 gifts are still essential, useful, and gifted to those within the church today, why did prophesy get cast aside? And, who cast it aside?

I believe that the church has its prophets, and the gift is as widely used today, as it was back in the early days of the church. Furthermore, it is as essential to the blessing and equipping of the saints as it ever was.

My thoughts on prophesy and the 7 motivational gifts is simply that you can't have one without the other. All 7 are essential to keep the church growing, moving forward, and strong in a world of evil doers, and spiritual warfare.

Thanks for reminding all of us that these gifts are there for the church, per prayer, in order to do the work of God.

Pastor Paul