1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prophets and healing Gifts of yesterday?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Robina, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Go on, Brother Bobby... preach it!

:jesus:

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Whos going to sleep, Brother Bob??

You say meet with Him on Sunday ---- thats true! That ought to be the climax of our meeting with Him on the other 6 days.

I'm not denying His working through the preaching on Sunday --- would you deny His working through the studying??? The two intertwine---mix and mingle---you cannot deny that!!!

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I agree with you blackbird. I have layed on my bed meditating on a scripture when the understanding comes and rejoice within myself just as much as on Sunday.

Sleep, I was just referring to a thread that is on one of the other forums on here. It has been on for a couple of weeks or more. I didn't mean your congregation at all. I have enough trouble taking care of my own church without trying to take care of someone else's. I just got home from church, its our work day and I hardly had enough to show to do the work and it being on the time of year we remember the birth of our Lord. I feel very down right now.

#23 Brother Bob, Dec 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2006
  4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Me, too, Brother Bob!! Me too!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Blackbird

5. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

Bob, you err by not granting the courtesy of carefully reading people's posts.
    Robina asked about people who have the gift of healing and I carefully read her post and respectfully answered her question.

MR

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I pray I answered her post in a way that will set her mind and heart at ease and that she will be able to agree with me.

I can only refer you to 1 Corth: 12 about the gifts which include us also. I do not believe in the Benny Henn type of healing. I think it is a mockery. I do believe that God uses us to pray for those who are sick and because of that prayer, He will heal them. It seems I have another fault that I will have to pray over if its true. God Bless,

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

My views mix with a lot of you here so I'll post them separate...

Prophets... In the OT a prophet prophesied the word of God. God spoke to and through these men. I believe John the Baptist was the last of these prophets which ended when the Word become flesh and dwelt amung us. Phophesy today is more of a testimony or an inspired sermon like Bro Bob said. I believe this is what explains this verse in revelations and all that we see happening today. It is testifying of Jesus:

Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Healing Hands... The Bible clearly says some have the gift of healing hands. I don't have this gift but I do know of a preacher who runs a prayer line during his revivals. My chairman of the deacons is a mailman and had hurt his back. He could not work. The preacher held his legs out and noticed they were different lengths. He prayed and laid hands on my deacon and my deacon has been back at work since that day. No back troubles at all.

I think your faith has a lot to do with it also. If you believe God can heal you via whoever, then such is your faith. No faith no healing.

The caveat I look at is that it must be for His name Sake. I don't believe God would heal so Benny Henn will have a greater name but I do believe he will heal for His Name Sake...

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I chose the dirt path filled with pot holes... You don't need God if you have a A 7500 foot concrete runway...

Exodus 4:10 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.
    11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
    12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.
    13 And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send.
    14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart.
    15 And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do.
    16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God.

I'm like Bro Bob, I may at the most take a few notes to the pulpit but I am the vessel and God send the sermon to his people via his vessel. I'd hate to be in the way with my filthy rag foolishness...

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I could tell of stories of me in particular and the healing faith but would only cause confusion. There was never a show or mostly just me the person I was praying for and God knew. I still practice this and will as long as I live for the Lord said when you have received then you shall know that I the Lord have provided. When someone comes to me and says "Brother Bob, will you lay hands on me and pray for God to heal me, I am more than glad to do so." So, I give you scripture and you can do whatsoever 1 Corth: 12

#29 Brother Bob, Dec 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2006
  10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Most of prophecy is exhortation and consolation and about 2% is futuristic.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

PROPHECY: Rom. 12:6; 1 Cor. 12:10; Eph. 4:11 - to speak forth the message of God to His people (Greek Word: prophetes - the forth-telling of the will of God

12. Robina

Robina New Member

Thank you all for your replies. I will go over them again carefully. I will note now that someone said that people who asks these questions asks in order to get others to agree with them. That is not my intent. I know what I believe and it's not enough for me. I would rather be wrong and learn the truth then consider myself right and not be teachable. To be wise in ones own eyes is a error. Understanding the truth to me is very important.

May God Bless You
    Robina

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yea, but you know genius when you see it. Its hard to be humble when you are perfect in every way. :laugh: :laugh: :wavey:

14. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Uh- chapter and verse, please?

Although I agree that there is much 'forthtelling' in Scripture, I fail to see the 98 vs. 2 per cent differential. And I would offer that some of that 'forthtelling' had to do, along with the gift of knowledge, the NT teachings before it was recorded.

Ed

15. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

I wish you faith healin folks would have been around when my good friend Paul Calas died. He had the big one in the foyer of the biggest faith healin church in Merrillville, In. called the "Nice Church". All those faith healin charasmatics around, him floppin around in pain, going steadily out of this world, 5-10 faith healin "pastors" around, he had more faith than anybody there because he actually believed that stuff...........and what happens.......they called the Methodists. HA! They couldn't heal thier best constituant. They let him die, right there in the middle of thier coffee house floor, 20 minutes before thier faith healin service. What a hoot! The Methodists came in the Ambulance and carted him off to the Methodist hospital to declare him dead. It is very hard to argue when the evidence is a dead body that nobody wants to deal with. Why didn't somebody with the "gift" just bring him back to life? Suddenly......no one with the "power of god" was around.

Sorry about the sarcasm, but it's hard to see your friend die like that in his own church that he believed in and they only covered him and pushed him out the door and then took everybodies "seed gift", 20 minutes later.

Bartimaeus

16. Flippo

Flippo Member

Off topic, But why was Brother Bob banned?

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

What??????????

18. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Brother Bob has NOT been banned

He has been suspended for violation of Baptist Board rules

Blackbird

19. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry for the confusion. But, due to limitations of the Board's software suspended members show up on the Board as being banned. Brother Bob is eligable for reinstatement on the 5th.

20. Flippo

Flippo Member

Apology

I am sorry but I should not have asked a question that was none of my business in an open forum so I apologise to all.

Phil