1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PROSECUTION BACKFIRE: Are Witnesses Not Making State's Case?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Sanford police detective who questioned George Zimmerman the night he shot Trayvon Martin became the latest prosecution witness to appear to do more harm than good to the state's case, recalling a somber conversation that touched on Zimmerman's faith and the fear he said he felt when Martin told him "You're going to die tonight."

Detective Doris Singleton testified Monday that Zimmerman seemed somber and conflicted as she interviewed him after the February 2012 shooting. She said Zimmerman asked her about the crucifix around her neck and buried his head in his hands upon learning Martin had died.

"I had a silver cross on and he asked me if I was Catholic," Singleton said during testimony. "I said, 'No. I'm Christian. Why are you asking?'"

Click here for full coverage of the George Zimmerman Trial

She said Zimmerman replied, saying that he had noticed the cross and told Singleton that it was "always wrong to kill" someone.

"I said to him, 'If what you're telling me is true then I don't think that's what God meant. [That] you couldn't save your own life,'" she told the court.

Singleton testified that a shocked Zimmerman replied, "He's dead?" to which she said, "I thought you knew that."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/0...on-as-2nd-week-zimmerman-trial/#ixzz2XqHZrJQB

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Every "star witness" the state has brought I thought were Zimmerman's.

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The current prosection team is finding out why the local DA's office was going so slow in charging Zimmerman.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do believe if the initial investigators are queried correctly by the defense, it will be found that "mob" pressure was the reason for this ever going beyond the initial investigation.
    IMHO, there ought to be a suit brought against Sharpton, Jackson et al for the gasoline they threw on a dying fire.
    Oh, include the ZERO in that list also!

5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I never thought Zimmerman was guilty of much more than being overzealous.

It's a shame for both him and Trayvon. I feel sorry for the parents, but the evidence seems to who that Trayvon was not the angel he has been portrayed as.

As for Jackson, Sharpton, etal- I pray for their souls.