1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Protecting the Kids

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, May 3, 2009.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yesterday, I attended the CNYBA mid-year meeting. Some of the seminars focused on preventing child abuse within our churches. :tear: We had a rep from Church Mutual who recommend certain policies that a church should put into place, not only to prevent abuse, but to maintain a "above-reproach" philosophy to protect the adults as well.

What is your church doing? Are there other policies your church should adopt.
    OR are you of the belief that God alone will protect the 99th Baptist church of Your City.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We have just a few rules that I can think of. What does help is that we have closed circuit TV that is constantly recorded and 2 weeks of recordings kept at a time. The cameras are in all public places (individual offices and the restrooms are not included).

* No male/female alone in a private area unless they're husband/wife. This means even a pastor counseling a woman either leaves a door open or has another woman sit in on the counseling (we try to do most with husband and wife team anyway).

* No less than 2 caretakers for children at any given time.

* Background checks on everyone working with the children and the disabled.

Those are the few things I can think of offhand that our church practices. Are there other suggestions you found out that would be good to bring to our staff??