1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Protestant exclusion from RC communion

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And a woman can serve a sacrament! Yes I have one who lives across the street from my sister in law who was having an affair with her husband & half the cops in there town....after divorcing her husband & yet she is still a eucharistic minister.....yea lets go ask them what they think. LOL!!! they are a great measure of Catholic morality.

Im not saying I have a high opinion of alot of apostate protestant churches ... but please dont tell me about RC's with all their empty spirituality & pious platitudes (over the broken bodies & souls of the innocent) are any different. Scratch away the false Christian act & you will find most extremely secular.

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Why would a Protestant Christian want to disrespect another Christian denomination's statement of faith?

3. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is a 'stopbaptistspredators' link I could supply you with which gives you an idea of what Baptists clergy are also guilty of. My next door neighbors are devout Baptists and one is a Sunday School teacher and in church each week. Know what they are doing in their spare time. You don't want to know!

Here is the message you posted publicly to 'TS' on the board where you said you didn't think you wanted to be a Baptist anymore because of the behavior of people on this board. Seems pretty hypocritical that one as sure of your Baptists beliefs should be so ready to leave it.

Tell me TS.....I having 2nd thoughts about remaining Baptist (principally because of these BB People) & because of some people in my own little church behave allot alike. If you were advising your own son or brother....what would you do?

#23 Walter, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2012
  4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, I was saying that I would ask her what she would do if it seemed that someone receiving communion didn't know what to do and thus most likely not Catholic. I wasn't saying that they were moral models (although this lady is. She's a doll. She gave us all of their old (but way better than ours) boat cushions when they got new ones.)

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ROLF....I tell you Little Catholic Want a Be....you really dont even know what your talking about ....but you do ramble like an ignoramus that anyone would testify to. Go & run off & be a catholic....I suspect your one right now & that aint a gonna get you right with God.....you gotta be Born Again brother.

Now I dont like allot of what allot of people in here say but Im not worried about what they think about me. But I never EVER advised Thinking Stuff to go Catholic. Had I known he was moving in that direction I would traveled from New Jersey to Harrisburg to speak to him & implore him NOT to do it. As it was, he observed corruption in the church he was in which I wouldnt have told him to stay in. The Reformed Baptists are actually HQ's close to him & I would have personally directed him there....at least they are orthodox.

I would have told him how my own Catholic Mother renounced the catholic church right before she died, I would have told him of my own Salvation experience, I would have told him of my brother & two cousins that renounced catholicism & of my aunts moving away from it as well. I would have asked him to meet me in Mendham NJ where SNAP is and had him speak with many who have been abused by catholic clergy perverts.....I would have been his brother in Christ & I would have prayed for him night & day & prayed with him as one loving brother does for another. I wish both you & he would understand that it is your walk with God that matters most.

I will tell you Walter to not concern yourself with any false church, it is Christ 1st then you look for others who you could gather with to glorify His name....so I will implore you to seriously rethink your direction. Check out this scripture.

(Gal 1:9) As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

(Gal 1:10) For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

(Gal 1:11) But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

(Gal 1:12) For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann, I would be curious to see what she says. Ive never seen anyone not allowed to receive communion

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I haven't either. That's why I said that I would ask her. I probably won't see her for a couple of weeks though. I'm heading to camp this week so I won't be there for our weekend raft-up next weekend! :)

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

amen!...........

9. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

You are not alone my friend.

WM

10. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Come on, who are you fooling! Neither of you are Baptists except in NAME only. Your doctrine does not even faintly resemble the Baptist faith and order.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just for my own Clarification....who are you adressing this to?

12. WestminsterMan

Wow - did you just make his point or what!

Well Catholics are born again ... by water AND the spirit.

Thinking Stuff was originally Catholic and was catechized EXTERMELY well. Not to mention that he wasn't biased by the mask of Jack Chick like many here. I can tell you this... while I don't know TS personally, I have conversed with him and read much of his posting and responses here enough to know that he makes decisions based upon logical thought and accepts the truth wherever he finds it. Apparently, he has found it in the Catholic Church and I don't think that an emergency intervention by "Reformed Baptists" would have made a positive impression upon him.

And this means exactly what. I can tell you of several of my family members who converted from the Bapist faith to the Catholic Church.

Hmmm... what about Baptist clergy perverts? Do they count? I guess not.

Are you not now his brother in Christ? We should all pray for one another and love one another.

And just how do you know that your personal and fallible interpretation of the gospel is correct? There are plenty of others who would (and probably do) accuse you of preaching some "other" gospel.

AMEN! The Catholics that I know believe this 100%.

Again Amen!

An what historical Church decided which books where inspired by God and were to be included into the canon of the NT? Well, that would be the Catholic Church. Opps...

WM

#32 WestminsterMan, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2012
  13. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Wow - did you just make my point or what? You are not a Baptist but in NAME only!

14. WestminsterMan

Care to be more specific with that accusation? I could say that you are Baptist in name only which would carry about as much import.

WM

15. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Did I say I was considering going to the Catholic Church as TS? Did I say I embraced baptismal regeneration or regeneration in baptism?

Can you find anything I beleive that is not found in the most used and recognized Baptist confessions of our day???

Better look in a mirror!

16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Think have to realise that the current RCC was NOT same as that referencing in early times, as papacy not full blown, No Council of trent yet etc...

And the RCC did NOT create the gospel, Bible etc, and the church did official repudiate the true Gospel via the Council of Trent!

17. WestminsterMan

Let's see... since TS is now a Catholic he would most likely not accept the "...recognized Baptist confessions of our day" as a reliable basis for his beliefs, just as you probably don't accept the "...recognized [Catholic] confessions of our day" as a basis for yours. Didn't think that one out did you. :cool:

WM

18. WestminsterMan

Incorrect my friend. Here's the basic history behind the development of the NT canon.

For the first 350 of Christianity, they did not have the complete NT. The Catholic OT and the Protestant OT are different, but the NT is the same. There were quite a few other books that people thought should be in NT Scripture, such as The Acts of Peter, Acts of Paul, Acts of John, Apocalypse of Peter, the Acts of Andrew, The Acts of Thomas, the Apocalypse of Paul, the Gospel of Thomas, etc... Some books IN the NT were disputed such as James, Hebrews, 2 Peter, and Revelation. These books are just as "deuterocanonical" as Wisdom, Judith, 1 & 2 Maccabees, Sirach, Baruch and Tobit. So... how were these disagreements resolved? Well, by three councils and ratication by the Pope.

• 382 AD - Synod of Rome declared the canon of Scripture, 46 OT books, 27 NT books
    • 393 AD - Council of Hippo declared the canon, which was the exact same list as Synod of Rome
    • 397 AD - Council of Carthage ratified the canon decision made by those 2 councils

The decisions of these councils were then ratified by the Pope. The Catholic Church determined that there were 46 OT Books, and 27 NT Books. Martin Luther (1100 years later) pulled out 7 OT books on his own authority placing them between the OT and NT canons, which is where we got the Protestant Bible.

FYI...

WM

#38 WestminsterMan, Jun 18, 2012
  19. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Are you not a little confused?

The subject is not TS but YOU and WALTER! Walter said that he is thinking about returning to Rome and you chimmed in with him.

I replied that nether of you were "BAPTIST" in doctrine any way but only in NAME.

You confirmed you are only "BAPTIST" in name by stating you believe that regeneration is found in baptism.

That is not an historic Baptist doctrine and YOU KNOW IT!

Try being honest for a change and deal with what I actually said rather than attempting to place some kind of kooky spin on it.

20. WestminsterMan

No... you made me the subject, but I'm not playing along and that's what has you all tourqed up. Get over it.

Well, if by historic you mean in the last 400+ years (which is about as old as the Baptists are), then yes I agree that the position is not Baptist - BECAUSE - for the first 1500 years the Church and christians everywhere taught it, believed it, and died for it WAY BEFORE there was a Baptist church. You can deny it all you want, but that doesn't change the historical facts.

Honest? Hmmmm.... I am being honest. I am Baptist and I believe in the baptism as stated in scripture. So what? This is the "Other Denominations" section you know. Further, you'll notice that I rarely venture out of the area...

WM

#40 WestminsterMan, Jun 18, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.