1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Proverbs 15:8

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rippon, May 24, 2007.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Lord detests the sacrifice of the wicked , but the prayer of the upright pleases him .

Proverbs 21:27 informs us in a similiar fashion that "The sacrifice of the wicked isa detestable ." In fact it is an abomination to him .

So when some wicked people "pray" they are offering up an abomination to the Lord . Some ( even on the BB) insist that these wicked folks are seeking the Lord in this manner ! That's perfectly contrary to the Bible .

But , some say " Don't the wicked who pray and do things for the Lord (in their mind ) seek Him ? In a word -- NO . In Matthew 25 the "Lord , Lord " crowd will be sent off -- banished into eternal punishment . All their "Lord, Lords notwithstanding . Matthew 7:21 reads ; Not everyone who says to me , ' Lord, Lord , ' will enter the kingdom of heaven , but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven .

Sorry , I got called away for a few minutes . In Matthew 7:21 those folks are pretenders , they are not in subjection to the Lord , they have no faith in Christ -- no interest in Him . Consequenly the Lord will say to these phonies : I never knew you . Away from me you evildoers ! . ( Matthew 7:23 ) .

#1 Rippon, May 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2007