1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Proverbs

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by drfuss, May 22, 2006.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Of course. No one's saying they aren't. Because they're profitable, we must interpret them accurately and faithfully. We do not have the license to treat God's Word haphazardly.

2. Salamander

Salamander New Member

That is why study to show thyself approved is required.

Could we have other Proverbs offered that seem to be contradictory to the precepts of Scripture?

I know I have read some at face value thinking they did, but I studied it further and found that I was only mistaken.

3. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I appologize, Brother, for being so easily misunderstood. I was never trying to read your mind, in jest, there's too much blocking my view! Like, distance, your skull, and there's some sort of milky substance surrounding your brain. [​IMG] Maybe too many Fruit Loops, or something? [​IMG]

Main Entry: es·ti·ma·tion
    Pronunciation: "es-t&-'mA-sh&n
    Function: noun
    1 : JUDGMENT, OPINION
    2 a : the act of estimating something b : the value, amount, or size arrived at in an estimate
    3 : ESTEEM, HONOR

All I did was evaluate what you said and estimated your estimation. I repent. ;)