1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Providence Baptist College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by savedgirl63026, Jan 23, 2005.

1. savedgirl63026

savedgirl63026 New Member

Can anyone tell me anything about Providence Baptist College? I don't want anything bad said, and this to become a war fest, but any input would be nice.

Jamie [​IMG]

2. Broadus

Broadus Member

Does it have a web site?

Bill

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    PBC was initially located in Elgin, IL, relocated to McHenry, IL, and now apparently has returned to the city of Elgin. It began as a Bible institute and became Providence Baptist College in 97 or 98. I guess you could say that Keith Gomez started the college.

It is "ifbX" (extreme) and I would not recommend it. It was endorsed by Jack Hyles, and a former student there condemned it for:
    -Teaching that the black race was of the seed of Satan
    -Quotas for certain races on the bus routes
    -The unquestionable authority and judgement of the man of God (pastor dictator)
    -Using the pulpit to malign suposed 'rebels' publicly, individually, and by name.
    -Their (contradictory) teaching that the KJV is the perfect Bible for the English speaking world, while the RV is the perfect Bible for the Spanish speaking world. (Even someone with limited knowlege of Spanish can tell that the RV differs from the KJV in some passages.)

This is second-hand info, but I trust the report of the student.

4. savedgirl63026

savedgirl63026 New Member

Thanks for the info. I am going to visit up there next weekend.

Jamie

5. Chris McGough

Chris McGough New Member

I highly encourage you to check out PBC I had several friends attend there and all they had to say was great things about the church and college . I attended HAC myself ever thought about going there either college is great and you can't make a bad choice just let God lead you.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Dr. Bob

But,
    I gotta be a contrarian ...

YEP! Or they would both be in English ... Queen's English that is ...

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Jamie,

If they are, or have been, teaching that "the black race was of the seed of Satan" - they are in error. That error is significant. I would not (and will not) fellowship with racists.

Because, I will fellowship with all of God's children in Heaven.