1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Psychology

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jul 24, 2012.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Watching the news it angers me why everyone wants to cast the actions of James Holmes on psychology and call him crazy, sick, or insane. In my POV the man is neither and is something many refuse to say these days and that is EVIL. James Holmes is evil, wicked, and demonic PERIOD. Do not get psycho-babble involved (a original from John MacArthur, or Wayne Mack).

2. friendofyours

friendofyours New Member

Unfortunately, you just might be right and that saddens me. Sometimes it is easier to blame or assign "labels" for things we simply can not justify. To think that he is just that....evil, scares me. How many more like him out there? It takes my mind to a place I would rather stay away from. :(

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You mean no PTSD or ADHD as a defense for his actions? Come on now! Where are the supporters for mental illness and drugs instead of personal responsibility for our actions? If he is mentally ill he should not be held responsible for something that was greater then his ability to deal with. :rolleyes:
    If mentally ill just give him some meds and send him on his way.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he could have ben demon possessed, he could be severly delutional/psycotic...

he could be full sane and rational, playing a "game"...

To me, he shows us how wicked and sinful ANY of us could be without the grace of God!

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yesterday a man was stopped by police and he was on his way to shoot his former employer. He had newspaper clippings of the Colorado incident, and was motivated by the actions of James Holmes. The news media constantly focusing on the killer is going to do nothing but inspire others to do the same. Alcida nor the Terrorist networks are behind these lone gunman, but perhaps the terrorist networks will see these as inspiration to do far more damage. I hope not, but reading the Bible things will get worse before better.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IF you hold to a Dispy view of end times, as I do, the killer shows us what might be daily happening once the restrainer is removed!

7. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I think the OP is right. He is evil. The Bible would tell us that he is a sinner. He is highly intelligent, rational, and without Christ. He is the epitome of what man is in his sinful state.

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately yes…..

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People wont call him that. They like to blame it all on psychology unfortunately.

10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ufortunately...

....we are a nation of laws, political correctness, tolerance, and you name it [civil rights]. It you were the suspect, you would probably appreciate the long list of rights afforded to the suspect, while in most countries, these steps would be null and void, and instant execution would take place.

This guy, the Virginia Tech murderer, the Fort Hood murderer, and all the others have the right to exercise every avenue availabe to avoid the harshest sentence our laws could give out when they are found guilty.

BUT, until they are found guilty, they are inncoent until proven otherwise, and they have the right to try to fly under the radar by using excuses like mental incapacitation.

We both know, along with the majority of Americans that Seung-hoi Cho, Major Hasan, and this latest in a growing list of wacko killers, will do what they can to draw out the justice system [exhausting all avenues] to serve their own purposes. Even Jared Lee Loughner, the guy who shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona and killed others along with this attack has pleaded guilty by way of insanity.

It is our fault, to an extent, that we have allowed the justice system to become so liberal and suspect friendly, but again, if I were the arrested party, I'd want it no other way.

All of the above is my opinion, and probably doesn't matter that much, but, I'm with you on this issue. Good post! :type:

11. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    -I don't know. Looking at him I would say he is crazy and evil. It does not have to be either-or.

12. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ..........................................................................................

#12 Scarlett O., Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  13. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

So knowing that he is demonic possessed, as a Christian, what would you do with such a man?

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    execute him for his crimes!

15. plain_n_simple

You wouldn't cast the demons out? Give a chance for forgiveness and redemption?

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would say that BOTh are approved by God!

pray for the Lord to save him now, but also get him ready to meet his maker, just as he sent off those others to meet Him!

17. plain_n_simple

That's doubleminded. Mercy and judgement cannot mix, mercy trumps judgement. You cannot have faith that he will be saved, then kill him if you dont see immediate results. Trying to mix Jesus and Moses wont work.

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God ordained that a murderer was to be killed, and that was before the law was given!

19. plain_n_simple

Jesus came to save, not condemn. We are under the age of grace. When God ordained a murderer to be killed, the world was under the curse since Adam. Now Jesus has come, giving life not judgement. The Mount of Transfiguration story should clear this up for you.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gods justice requires the Joker Killer to die for his crimes, while Gods mercy can still save Him!