1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Public apology

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Bible John, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Bible John

Bible John New Member

I want to apologize to those here that I have offended. I have been going through a bit of stress as of late regarding finances. I am working at a place and have been dealing with a harassing manager. I called the Tipline on her, and she retaliated by cutting back my hours. Then the other day ago I filed a complaint with Cal Ocea over some very dangerous broken equipment that could possibly cause a death if mishandled, and CalOcea busted them. I did report the equipment to the DM and to management, but they ignored it, as fixing it would cost them money.
    However although I filed annomously, they knew the complaint came from me, and so they cut my hours down to 12, and I was unable to punch into work yesterday or today. I will be filing a legal complaint if this is not resolved.

In California (unlike Montanna nor Kansas) employment is At Will, so they can fire me for no reason at all. However with the Wistleblower protection act I think I have some protection.

But anyways sorry for being mean to you guys. Its clrealy my job.

I have tried to find another one, but have not beensuccessful. However I haev only sent out about 10 resumes. I hear that without contacts I need to fax or email hundreds to find a job.

John

2. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Move here. People are begging for people who are willing to work.

3. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

It's okay Brother... I understand....

My Brother,

As someone who has been on that roller coaster ride, more times than I care to admit. I understand. and I'll be praying for your situation. :praying:

Michigan too, is a at-will employer, unless you're in a Union. so, I can understand your plight. :thumbs:

God Bless! :wavey:

-WTD

4. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Where do you live at?

Unfortunately my job market is not the best. Much better than Shasta County, but..

Its the reaosn why my debt will remain outstanding.

The bible forbids laving debts outstanding (NIV translation) but at this point I do not know what else to do.

5. Bible John

Bible John New Member

If you have any wisdom I would appreciate it.

Perhaps I can get some money out of them to elliminate my credit card debt.

6. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I live in Alaska. Contact me via PM and give me some info.

7. Bible John

Bible John New Member

I see. Well maybe someday. But for know I wnat to live in cooler environments.

John

8. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Cooler then Alaska :eek:

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I have taken everything from these boards including your post in the spirit of love but if the spirit moved you to apologize then we appreciate your obedience.

Let me start by saying it will come together for good because I know you love the LORD.

My Dad's advice to me oneday was life is a journey. To follow Jesus we must learn to take our hands off the wheel, get in the back seat if you must and just enjoy the ride.

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD and he promised to comfort you in times of storms. The lesson and reward in waiting is patience. Patience in waiting will renew your strength. Patience in waiting will allow you to run, and not be weary; Patience will allow you to walk, and not faint.

Lastly, if we never had problems, we would never know GOD could solve them. If we never had storms we would never appreciate his peace. Be encouraged by these words. My prayers are with you and yours.

10. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

Bible John, what do you do? What kind of job are you seeking? A lot of people read these forums, and somebody may know somebody.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Apology accepted John, we really are a pretty good bunch once you give us a chance.

12. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Same here. I think you'll find tons of support and friendships here for all kinds of things.

13. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Well for the moment I am working in the Copy/Printing industry as I seem to have bit of experience in it. Its not the carrer I prefer, but life does not go my way. However I seem to be quite good at this job and have over 3 years of experience.

However I'd prefer a job in research. When I worked at Y4C one of my duties was to analyize christian web ministries and churches and provide resrouces for local pastors.

However since Y4C is not fundamentalist, they were not to impressed with my list of false teachers, churches and counterfeits that I felt local pastors needs to be aware of.

However the administrators interpreted this as bitterness towards other churches and a lack of tolerance. But this had nothing to do with my job, and I'll bet that most fundamentalist churches will understand if they get a ref from Y4C and they claim that I am bitter or whatever towards other churches.

But for a career I am pursuing the ministry. Discipleship education. I have a BA from a evangelical school in Churhc Education and am aiming for my MA in Ministry. I am no preacher, but working one on one with people, discipling them seems to be what I do best.

But perhaps I might enter a position at a small fundy church and also have to work on the side. I do not want this, but understand that fundamentalist churches sometimes can be very poor.

So yes the copy/printing industry I have a good 3 years of experience doing. But after having experienced Shasta County, its wise to have experience in at least 4-5 career fields to find work.

So I also have experience in sales, homecare, security,etc..

14. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Certainly much friendlier than the hate filled posters on Usenet newsgroups.

15. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

BJ, try some of the following, in addition to small print shops:
    - UPS Stores, PostNets, Pak-Mails, etc.
    - FedEx Kinko's
    - Kwik Kopy, Sir Speedy, Alpha Graphics, etc.