1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

punished by a baby

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Philadelphia, Apr 3, 2008 / 10:48 am (CNA).- Christian leaders in the U.S. are demanding that Sen. Barack Obama apologize for comments he made referring to babies as a “punishment”.
    While addressing a campaign rally in Pennsylvania last weekend, Sen. Obama said, "When it comes specifically to HIV/AIDS, the most important prevention is education, which should include -- which should include abstinence education and teaching the children -- teaching children, you know, that sex is not something casual," he said.
    "But it should also include -- it should also include other, you know, information about contraception because, look, I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old," he added.
    "I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby," Obama said.

Isnt that his grandchild he is talking about? I am glad my wife and I didnt feel that way when my daughter got pregnant out of wedlock. I cant imagine life without my 5 year grandaughter.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=12231

2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I am sorry. You may delete this post. I didnt realize that it was already posted.