1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Purity balls

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Sopranette, Dec 14, 2007.

1. readmore

readmore New Member

I could be wrong, but I assume the money doesn't just go to cover the electricity. It probably covers a nice dinner, entertainment, prizes, literature, decorations, storage and transportation, advertisement, and whatever else goes into an "elegant" organized event. Frankly $30 is not bad at all if it's a very classy event.

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Careful...logic might mess up SFIC's righteous indignation.

3. readmore

readmore New Member

Well, you know, some people just can't be bothered... :)

4. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Here is one for you, what if your church meets in a commercial building that it leases for use on Sunday's?
    Should that not not be used for commercial uses during the week?

5. standingfirminChrist

Not by the Church.

6. Joe

Joe New Member

$30 seems costly for kids though it is a great idea. If anything, maybe do this event in place of the high school prom.

I see your view, but imo, girls can't learn about how to relate to men without interacting with them, and the father seems a safe way to do that. Rough house type play, joking around, praying and reading the bible together along with sort of sharing their Dad with their mom during the teen years seems a natural part of growing up. Some of the girls here invite their Dad's as their dates to the prom, now that is something special!

#46 Joe, Dec 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2007
  7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I do not disagree with you at all. I just remember when a girl would slap a guy silly if he got fresh- and it stopped things cold.