1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Purpose Driven Life Question

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by jshurley04, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

And all through PDL RW calls it a "paraphrase" I was watching to see what he said. </font>[/QUOTE]I was referring to the article from Warren's website where he explains why he uses different "translations". (In the response it says nothing about paraphrases.) I think they should also add info of why he uses paraphrases, too. Or maybe they are just lumping in The Message under the umbrella of "translations", which of course would be an oversight on their part or purposeful misleading.

2. Jannee

Jannee New Member

jshurley,

You have clearly labeled people's spiritual maturity upon the basis of whether their responses concerning this book. Spiritually mature folks back their beliefs up with scripture, and are usually able to debate scripture accordingly without defensive attitudes. They spend time to break it down, and offer the other person the opportunity to show where they may or may not be correct.
    A discerning spirit will need to weigh these errors in this book. I am willing to put forth the effort to correct errors in light of what I see as positive in this book.
    Others who do not hold my view of using this book are not spiritually immature. Some folks may be convicted by the holy spirit not to use this book. Some may just posess better discernment skills. Some didn't see the positve I did. I can't label anyone's level of spirituality either way.

I contributed greatly to getting off the subject and will definately watch this in the in the future. Thanks

Blessings to you [​IMG]