1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Put a Fork in Santorum...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, Mar 31, 2012.

1. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the ad homina, and trying to tie assumptions about my theology to my politics.

The point is this:
    1. We both agree that the media has very large influence over who gets exposure to voters. Their favorites are, of course, Obama and Romney. They are one force that all but determines party nominees.
    2. Corrupt party leadership will also try to bend caucus rules and do all they can to squelch opposition to their anointed establishment candidate whose only purpose is to keep them in power rather than act on principle.

Given that the powers that be seem to game the system and rig things in their favor and against ours, it is absurd to me that too many Christians today have mortgaged their theology to the political game. Corrupt politicians anoint the evil options available, and yet now God will effectively judge Christians if they do not follow suit? Give me a break! So, is God chomping at the bit hoping that people vote for the evil Republican over the evil Democrat so that He will withhold His judgment? God gives people His moral will in His Word, yet He requires His people to shirk His very truth for pragmatic, political reasons based on fear of the devil and not fear of God?

The God Who parted the Red Sea to save the Israelites from the Egyptians is more than capable of sparing a nation if the Christian minority serves God in deed and in truth rather than being pawns in a game that requires them to honor God with their lips but act against it in the political realm. The God Who intentionally dwindled the army of Gideon to demonstrate His power over the Midianites is more than capable of sparing a nation if Christians would cling to the Bible rather than led secular, conservative talk radio spoon feed them their theology.

[/QUOTE]Sorry, but I cannot possibly discern an applicable analogy from this to my comments. I also did not even describe "my way of voting," but you assume much.

The way of voting that is surrendered to a perpetual "lesser of two evils" hand-picked by corrupt political elites in my view says to God "I don't care what you told me in Your Word about faith in You, my actions are only geared toward the visible, material world as if You don't even exist." It's time for Christians to wake up and serve God in pureness and good conscience and stop offering the "stange fire" of secular political assumptions.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't want to derail this thread but are you saying that God is going to judge America because Christians are making bad choices at the ballot box?

Also, are you saying that Christians are now the 'new Israel'?

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe in a way Saturneptune and AresMan seem to be suggesting or thinking we need to be taught a lesson about giving up on a higher standard of conservative principles than what Romney offers. Heck, on a side note, I feel like we’ve been played in that many states have allowed democratic voters in the republican primaries/caucuses and that the more liberally inclined have voted for what they consider the “lesser of two evils”, Romney over Santorum, and in effect successfully rigged an outcome of a Romney/Obama choice to the liberal advantage. Between the nominating process and the liberal media’s influence in the decision making processes I feel robbed of a more conservative choice. I think they (those of liberal persuasions) have already won a major battle here with Romney headed toward stepping in the ring.

But back to the point, it may true that we need to be taught a serious lesson, which I suspect Obama will be more than qualified and much obliged to teach us, and will indeed be extreme. My concern is that once many of these liberal policies are put into law by an uncontrollable radical such as Obama they are very difficult to reverse (such as for example: past abortion rights, and future depriving those who will have already become dependent on Obamacare, or presently attempting to put back into tradition Christian influences in the government that have been removed, or how about a long lasting hyper-liberal supreme court justice; these things are next to impossible to change back) and the damage will be done. So we will learn a lesson that will leave permanent scars. I would prefer not to let these things take root so will vote for Romney in hope to prevent these from happening.

In 1976 many thought Reagan was too conservative and Carter was awarded 4 years, after that fiasco people began to see the light and 1980 Reagan won big. We may be witnessing a repeat of this type of situation but I suspect the lessons learned with Carter could be compared to getting scratched up with superficial scars to the crippling broken bones we will receive under Obama. So maybe some are correct that we need to learn a lesson but I just don’t want to be limping around from the lasting effects given to us from the extremes that someone like Obama will hand us.

If we’re going to get bit either way I prefer it be by a poodle rather than a pit-bull.

BTW, personally, I still hold out hope and prayer for Santorum but at this point I believe it would take a major blunder from Romney maybe after a catastrophic error from Obama to create the kind of huge shift needed. I see a positive in Romney VS Obama being that if after Romney’s failure to beat him, and the licking we will take from 4 more years of Obama, Romney will be a has-been that had his chance and let us down and the mood for a serious conservative will be there. I just think that amounts to a poor way to make a comeback which is likely to only be temporary anyway. OTOH, if Romney were to win over Obama and he turned around the economy and the flow were more positive towards conservative values I believe this type of mild comeback is to be preferred over taking a severe irreversible beating to get this point across.

#43 Benjamin, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
  4. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

back to the original question.....

This is an obvious hack job. The word he is claimed to have said doesn't even fit into the context.