1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quality time with a Rabbit

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would seem to be obvious a number posting here do need some quality time with a rabbit. Many have not taken this advice seriously and continue to post. Look even Jordan has pointed out the hostility in many posts around here so I suggest that people take a break from this board. So go and spend time with a Rabbit and take a break from this board.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I took Wednesday and Thursday off. Didn't see any rabbits.

Was kind of wondering why I returned to the madness?

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo with Tapatalk Pro.

3. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pot. Kettle. :flower:

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tried that. One rabbit bit the youngest son.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh a Droid turbo w tapatalk pro.....how impressive!:smilewinkgrin:

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem to think your childish rabbit thing means something to anyone else. Maybe it is you who needs time away from the board.

7. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Took a week off to move and get the internet set up in our new place. I have not seen any rabbits in this new area except for the few stuffed animal rabbits that I have.

8. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan- What is the purpose of this thread? Take a break and spend time with your family. You seem like you need it.

...And people usually only take advice seriously if it is serious advice. Spending time with rabbits is not serious advice.

Since I am (for the second time) on your Ignore List, I know that you will not see this post unless you play sneak-a-peek or someone else quotes it; but since I am apparently one of those targeted by your OP, I wanted to respond.

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I took more than a month off earlier this year. How much time have you taken off?

10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Move to Colorado. I see a rabbit almost everyday. They are all over around here.

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan, what are you talking about? If you continue in this manner, you will never be taken seriously (in fact, I suspect that you may have earned a reputation with many so that they will never take you seriously.). I do not know when or why you stopped engaging Scripture and started trolling, but as Christians we are to be sober minded and mature. I simply do not see this character trait in you through your interaction here. Maybe you need to reflect on your past posts and threads. Maybe this is simply your "secret sin" and you act like a mature Christian in the "real world." Maybe you've started drinking again. Maybe you are just an "internet troll." I don't know and it really is not my business (I don't care to know). But if you truly consider yourself an "evangelist" and a "street preacher," then perhaps it is time that you start behaving like a Christian on this forum.

12. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is especially true since his full name is tied to his screen name. Anyone in real life could easily find his online postings. Does not make a good witness if someone was that listened to him on the street were to come on here or any of the other boards he has been on and sees how he post and how he treat his fellow Christians.

13. TadQueasy

TadQueasy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good thoughts.

Personally I think it is a cry for help.
    He constantly tries to draw attention to himself. He wants others approval for his "ministry". His marriage seems to be falling apart.

I find it quite sad. Not sure what any of us here can do for him other than pray.

14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

With online forums such as this, I think some people are more apt to let their true natures show. Character is something that is seen when “no one is looking,” that is, no one that are necessarily a part of our everyday lives. I think if we knew each other, and had the opportunity to span geographical limits, that things would be different. In some ways, perhaps less honest.

I think that you may be right (although given the coherency of his posts, I suspect alcohol may also be involved). I have been praying for Evan for some time now, and have shared some of his comments with others so that they could keep him in their prayers as well. He has a desire and willingness to be an evangelist, but also has a character that disqualifies him for the ministry. If he is a brother in Christ, it is indeed a sad situation and praying is all I know to do.

#14 JonC, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015
  15. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

I have a bit of a rabbit problem. I have a couple of foxes that are passing through my front and back yard to hunt rabbits in the fields near my house. Also have a raccoon that has been snooping around and getting in my garage at dusk/dark. To top it off I have a huge hornets nest on my front porch. I'm hopeful that the foxes and raccoon will cross paths one night and get in a scuffle near the front porch which in turn will stir up the hornets, who will then sting the foxes and raccoon. If this were to occur it would hopefully take care of all the problem animals/pests leaving only the cute/cuddly rabbits.

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shot the stupid rabbit. End of story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.