1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quenching the spirit/proclaiming truth

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Mr. C, May 19, 2008.

1. Mr. C

Mr. C New Member

Just suppose there was a high profile baptist program that may be outside the will of God. Would there be any place to discuss it without it being removed because it would be negative or questioning something that is regarded as good by many baptists? ( and no, I'm not talking about free masonry)

I just want to know where there is a place that the internet can be used to proclaim truth that can be seen by Baptist churches without it being censored as I feel there is something that our churches need to be warned about. I realize that this site may not be it but it does seem to be a place where there is a swarming of baptists.

2. Allan

Allan Active Member

If it is true then why worry speak your peace. But remember that opinions are not always true.

3. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Welcome to the Baptist Board, Mr C! You will soon discover that baptists have differing views on all manner of topics, including bible versions, eschatolgy, church music, and much more. It might be worth having a look at the posting rules for the board. Click Posting Rules to see them. Providing the matter you wish to post about does not contravene these, I cannot think that it would cause you to be removed.

The only thing I have noticed is that in your public profile, you give your denomination at "non-denom", and some of the forums on the Baptist Board are for baptists only. So it might be better to post to one of the forums on the BB that is not "baptist only". But I should emphasise that I am only an ordinary contributor to the Baptist Board. One of the Moderators would be able to give you a more "official" answer.

#3 David Lamb, May 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2008
  4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Bingo.

If something is truly "outside the will of God," then make sure you are on solid Scriptural ground.