1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question about IrfanView

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Elnora, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Elnora

Elnora New Member

I downloaded IrfanView and wanted to know to what size to edit pictures to use or send so they arent so slow when sent in e-mail. What other application can I use this edit feature for?

Thanks,
    Elnora

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you open a picture using IrfanView, click on the Image option at the top; then click on the "Information" option.

About halfway down, you'll see "Disk Size"; that tells you how big the picture is. If you're sending stuff through e-mail, any pictures over 30K are going to take a while to send.

Use the "Image" option, then "Resize/Resample" option to make your pictures smaller. I personally click on the "Percentage of Original" option, and then usually start experimenting with about 75%. After you change it, go back to the "Image" and "Information" to see how big it is now (you may have to close the program and then re-open it to get an accurate number).

Remember to save before closing it out.

3. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also, Elnora, if you are working with a larger file format, such as .bmp, you can change the format when you save to .jpg which is far smaller and uploads quicker.

4. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Thank you sirs. [​IMG]