1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question about new school

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by R3Ministry, Jun 29, 2005.

1. R3Ministry

R3Ministry New Member

Is anyone here familiar with Rockbridge U. It is a Seminary that bases their curriculum on the five purposes rather than traditional academic categories.
    Apparently they are growing and seeking accredidation.
    This is their website www.rockbridgeu.org

Give me your input.

2. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

The president of the University is Daryl Eldridge, Dr Eldridge was the Dean of the School of Educaitonal Ministries at SWBTS and is an amazing person. He has a real heart for students and is very creative. The only negative is the current lack of accredidation - but I imagine that will not be an issue in a year or two.

A similar school that you can look into is BH Carroll Institute, also a newer school, many former SWBTS proffs on staff, aslo seeking accredidation. BH Carroll is in its second year and has over 250 students! quite an accomplishment for a start up seminary. Link below:

http://www.bhcti.org/

3. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

While I like much about the purpose driven church philosophy, I am skeptical that students will get what they need to do ministry in the 39 credit program they are offering. It might be a good lay training program though.

4. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

I looked at BH Carroll's website. It seems to offer a great deal.