1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question about spiritual warfare

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Seth&Mattsmom, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Seth&Mattsmom

Seth&Mattsmom New Member

How does Satan attack someone who is praying against the forces of evil?

This has been coming through my mind lately, especially since I have added a few unbelievers to my daily prayers.

Is Satan allowed to attack us with hardships, like he did Job in efforts to hinder us? Another post mentioned that believers that pray for this certain demonic situation needed to also pray for their own protection. What kind of atttacks?

Because it all makes sense now...I have been plagued with my own problems that make me focus on ME in my prayer life. Like a miscarriage. And my very much needed car is having severe problems. There are more. Is this what is meant...or is it something else?

2. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I think Satan can attack us at any time. We can easily be so busy watching out for others we forget to watch ourselves. It just seems like some of those can't be helped though. I guess we should always pray for our own protection. I'll pray for yours and mine both right now!

3. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

It varies with the individuals. Satan wants to get your attention off of God, and off of prayer. He tries various methods of doing that.

Maybe he encourages that employer who is not Christian to fire you or make you fear your job is in danger.

Maybe he sends the drunk driver in the direction of your loved one?

Maybe he sets the temptations he knows you are most likely to give into right in your path.

Maybe its physical.

The important thing to remember is, God will get you through it.

4. Dunamis XX

Dunamis XX New Member

Satan and his cohorts constantly bombards a Christian's life. John 10:10 says, "The thief (Satan/demons) comes only to steal and kill and destroy..." Satan wants to steal your joy and peace and destroy your testimony and witness. He will use whatever method he can to accomplish this.

Satan blinds spiritual vision (2 Cor. 4:4).
    He attacks viciously (1 Pet. 5:8).
    He accuses and slanders the believer (Rev. 2:13).
    He hinders the believer's work (1 Thess. 2:18).
    He employs demons to attempt to defeat the believer (Eph. 6:11-12).
    He incites persecutions against the believer (Rev. 2:10).
    He hinders the propagation of the Gospel (2 Thess. 2:7-10).
    He tempts believers to sin (Luke 22:31).

5. MikeinGhana

MikeinGhana New Member

God allows Satanic oppression to drive us to a deeper faith. Even with Job Satan had to get permission.

I believe Christians often give Satan more credit than he deserves. We have the "devil made me do it" mentality when we really should be blaming our flesh. Here is a simple but great fact: Walk in the Spirit and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

6. Clean1

Clean1 New Member

When you chose to be a christian your life got harder. You are now fighting against the "wiles" of the devil every single day. a christian's life isn't a box of roses. Yes you have God on your side and that is the most important thing... he can help you stand against the devil.
    as you get closer to God, satan is going to work harder to pull you back and closer to the world. A lady that used to come to my church didn't think that she was saved. She was but Satan was making her think that she wasn't and that was making her miserable. Satan hindered her from serving God the way she could have. My pastor and my youth pastors wife talked to her and I think that she finally got it solved, praise God! But satan can use anything to hinder you. Every wonder why your always sick on sundays? Satan is hindering you. Reading your Bible and praying every day will apply that "armour of God" to protect yourself. Remember, God will never let anything happen that He knows that you can't handle.