1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question about "Trail of Blood"

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Doc Yankum, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Doc Yankum

Doc Yankum New Member

Joshua, I have noticed this phrase several times. For my information, where does "Trail of Blood" come from?

[ December 16, 2001: Message edited by: rlvaughn ]

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The term Trail of Blood could be said to come from two sources:
    1. From a book by that name, The Trail of Blood, by J. M. Carroll (Ashland Ave. Baptist Church, Lexington, KY, c.1931)
    and
    2. From the idea on which the book is based, that God's poor and afflicted people have left a "trail of blood" down through the centuries as they have been persecuted by their enemies (and thereby may be traced, at least to some extent).

3. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have changed the title of this topic to avoid confusion with the one posted by Buster. Thanks to all for understanding. [​IMG]

4. Doc Yankum

Doc Yankum New Member

Thanks for the information, Your answer was as I thought. I have read the booklet by J.M. Carroll. I believe the premise but I am not sure of the total accuracy. But I do believe our forebears suffered in ways that we have never experienced and I pray we never will. Also thanks for changing the topic. As you can tell, I am feeling my way along. With your help I will try to keep from embarassing myself too much