1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question for Catholics only

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by SolaScriptura in 2003, Feb 24, 2003.

1. SolaScriptura in 2003

If you can't know for sure on one little verse, you can't know for sure on a passage, and if you aren't sure on a passage you can't be sure of a chapter, and if not sure on a chapter you can't be sure on a book....In short, the person who says "I just can't know 100% if the verse should be there or not" will never get anywhere. Either you know 100% for sure or you know nothing at all. Apparently the evil Catholic plot is working - they've already got you doubting the Word of God.

2. Frank

Frank New Member

Neal:
    No problem! My intent was to point out why I accept the Bible unequivocally as the word of God.

3. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

Show me then beyond a shadow of doubt that I John 5:7 is authentic, despite the overwhelming amount of evidence against it. Remember, the Catholics did not just come up with this when the NAB was published, the verse is missing from the overwhelming majority of Greek manuscripts. How do you deal with that? And don't say it was a Catholic conspiracy, because they would have had to have gotten a hold of nearly every Greek manuscript. That said, I see nothing wrong with I John 5:7. It may well be authentic, and as I said earlier, there is really no reason to leave it out. However, the doctrine of the Trinity does not hinge on this verse. Your implied accusation that I question the Word of God is ridiculous. I am probably more conservative when it comes to Scripture than the vast majority of people on this board, so go pick that fight with someone else.

Neal

4. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

No problem, Frank. I am right there with you! [​IMG]

Neal