1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question for KJ only crowd

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by prophecynut, Jun 9, 2005.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Excellent post DHK! Now this is what I am looking for in a deliberation with a fellow brother or sister in Christ. This is a informative post and it carries a probable scenario of thoughts of the seventeenth century translator. This doesn't mean I am ready to embrace it as the way it went down, but at least it is a reasonable alternative view to the issue.

This is what I mean by calling something an "error". Maybe it isn't such a big deal that they said Easter or unicorn if one is able to explain the circumstances. Do these two words change any sort of doctrine? Think about this though, it is just as damaging for a Christian or a non-Christian to hear a leader say "all bibles are riddled with hundreds of errors" as it is to hear one say "all MVs are of the devil".

Both are very misleading and would make a new convert or unbeliever cringe at the thought of even bothering to read any bible.

If one can extract the Gospel and sound doctrines of Christian living out of the bible they use then praise be to God and none of us should be telling others that our English bibles are riddled with errors. Tell them that they need some understanding , that is why God gave us so many outside resources and helps, but let's not tell the world that our bibles are riddled with "error". We should be on the same team, calling any and every bible worthy of sound doctrine "The Word of the Lord".

Even the KJB which I highly value needs some help here and there from the Greek and Hebrew as well as from the historical perspective of the time in which it was written. I don't call this "error" (just me maybe) I see no helpful value in trying to prove it riddled with error in the sight of others. It can only do harm.

Satan is probably having a good laugh at us Christians going at each others bibles. It began with the KJV crowd declaring all MVs are of the devil. So to counter, the MV crowd began to rip appart the KJV. Who is winning? That would be Satan.

Personally I do not care what version my brothers and sisters study out of. The only other bible I ever studied was an NIV and as I said before it left me wanting. The KJB made it easier for me to understand doctrines. I am not sure why, it just makes things clearer for me.

God Bless! [​IMG]

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I agree with you that the KJV is still the most accurate translation. For the sake of others, I often say: "A better translation is...," or "the word also has this meaning..." etc.
    It is true that in feeding the sheep it is not necessary to blatantly say this book has errors in it. That is not our intent. At the same time our people ought to be educated enough to know that the Word of God in preserved in the original languages, and from those languages we can have a trustworthy translation that we can call the Word of God.

Now to be a "Ruckmanite" that's a different story.
    DHK

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is extreme misleading rhetoric coming out of both camps on this issue. This is why I believe we should not lay lables on each individual simply because they defend certain parts of either sides view. I have talked with other folks on these boards which state that the KJV is the WORSE translation ever produced. These folks are in the MV camp so to speak yet I see from your own words that you are not with them on this. Some in the MV camp believe the Critical Text trumps the Recieved Text, yet again you do not believe this either. Maybe we are not in any "camps" but simply desire to understand the truth of these matters knowing full well that each side has taken things a bit to far, some way to far!

God Bless you brother DHK. I sense you are a good keeper of the Word.