1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question For the Dispy: Are the beast/AntiChrist SAME person?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Aug 12, 2011.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Are they 2 terms for same person in last days, or 2 seperate persons involved here?

2. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I see it as a Beast who comes out of the Sea (world, the ten nations) as one ruler.
    Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy

He will rule over the 10 unified nations as the Beast.

The second beast is the False Prophet (False Christ, False Messiah) coming out the land (Israel) and accepted by them as such.
    Notice he has 2 horns like a lamb, and the two horns would represent Judah and Israel the two nations coming together under one headship.

Revelation 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon

To this the one I attribute the status of the anti-christ, where many attribute the first beast as such. Since He is the False Prophet or False Christ he would in my belief be the Anti-Christ refered too.

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

These refer to the two beast in order, one as the beast the other as the false prophet (flase christ), listed exactly as they were seen coming to power.