1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question for the pastors/pastor's wives

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by abcgrad94, Jan 4, 2012.

1. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

The line is when you realize what they are doing is deliberate and wrong. Then it is time to stop being an observer and go into action. To sit idly and allow it to continue makes you a participant in their wrongdoings as you are enabling them to continue by keeping quiet.

2. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

In the case of known sin that falls under the pervue of Matthew 18, I agree with Paul's guidelines for church discipline.

But that being said, Jesus offered this, which should likely take precidence up to and unless a clear sin issue has been identified and handled in the manner proscribed in Scripture:

Mat 13:24-30 (KJV) Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That happened in a church I was pastoring. What I did was to give a sermon on giving and how we made decisions in the church. I once heard a pastor say that when someone gives to another the person thank the giver but when a church gives to a person the recipient thanks God.