1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

question for the scholars out there

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Mike McK, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

Can't do it. That title actually sounds like I might know something, whereas "Catholic Lutheran Greek words" seems to cover just about as much as I know. That would make the acronymn RSOCLGW, pronounced "Resockle-gaw." (Y'know, in the Navy, acronyms like this are as common as honorary doctorates at a bus workers' conference.) Speaking of which, tell the alumni association at Boscoe Bible Skool, where I got that honorary doctorate, about this new appointment. They'll want to brag about it in the newsletter.

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I feel bad that I put too much pressure on you there to actually know some stuff. I don't know what I was thinking of. :tear: I know you'll forgive a fellow Bosscow (sp?) doctorate holder, though.

At any rate, let's go with RSOCLGW. Resockle-gaw has a certain ring to it, as if it had depth even if it doesn't. I'll get the news right off to the alumni association at old Buscoo (sp?) so they can brag. Seems like they are still running it out of that one P. O. box. [​IMG]

:laugh: :laugh:

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

How about just going with PHD?

Piled Higher and Deeper

4. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pronounced "Fudd"? :laugh:

5. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

To all of you wonderful people:

The outpourings of congratulations have been most heartening. The cards and letters, flowers and contributions are just overwhelming and I can't say how grateful I am. I regret that I've had to turn down so many invitations to speak, but I trust that you'll follow my advice and just read some of my BB posts at your meetings.

Little did I realize that my responsibilities as Boss of All Jesuits would preclude giving full attention to my latest appointment. With both sorrow and joy I am now relinquishing my Resocklegaw title to Jerome, since it was he who actually unscrewed the unscrutable when nobody else had a clue.

6. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Such humility! There is a rampant rumor running amuck on the BB that you are working on a new book, Humility Pipedude's Way. I hope it is no rumor, since I want to read it and increase my own humility. :saint: (I assume it is a companion volume to The World's Ten Most Humble People and What I Taught the Other Nine.) Buzzcowed (sp?) Bible Skool will rejoice at the news.

Jerome certainly deserves the honor! :applause:

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

No problem, luckily Blinky the clown was free to fill in... :laugh: :wavey:

8. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

It's true. The publishers have been after me for two years, but I kept thinking there would be someone better qualified. :praying: I now realize there isn't any.

(Except maybe Blinky the Clown, but his speaking schedule takes up all his time.)

9. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll want a personally inscribed copy.

10. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

You guys are way to funny. Thanks for the sunshine.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

11. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Just had to [​IMG] this one, right??

Obviously, it's been a slow day, no??

Ed