1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question for those who work with teens.

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Pastor_Bob, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, let me ask you not to misread or read anything into these questions. Secondly, let me say that I would never totally and completely "give up" on a teenager. As long as they're breathing, God can do a work in their life. My questions are:

Is there a point when you realize that your investment of time, energy, and resources in your teen(s) is not yielding the return that you feel that it should? The teen is showing no signs of spiritual growth.

Have you ever felt like you have spent too much time on such teenagers to the detriment of teens who would have better responded? Teens that are more hungry to grow closer to the Lord?

If so, what are some of the determining factors that would cause you to shift your focus of attention to the more responsive teen(s)?

What do you do now to keep the door open for the teens that have no spiritual desire?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The best thing to do is to commit the teens to prayer and ask God to guide your time. It will become obvious where your time should be spent. I think feeding into a kid who is not saved and doesn't look like he will be saved any time soon just might not be fruitless labors. I've seen many teens who went through their adolescence hostile to God only to come to Him later in their young adult years and I've seen teens seem like they were on fire for God walk away from the faith by college. So you just never know.