1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

question from agnostic

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jim1999, Mar 26, 2006.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at THE door, and knock:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1. CHrist on the OUTSIDE - lost humanity alone on the INSIDE.
    #2. Christ is not opening the door - He is only knocking and waiting. (Drawing ALL mankind unto Him)
    #3. The invitation is in the form of a knock - NOT in the form of OPENING the door and coming in but WAITING and knocking!

----------------------

Some here would twist that statment of Christ into "Behold I stand at a FEW of the many doors and knock"!!

How sad!

3. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

This link is to the same verses..rev 3 20-and on.

Let me be very clear Bob. There are more verse in chapter 3..that talks about the "DOORS" do you understand?

ok..please quote these verses..and tell how both the verses you want to dodge and the verses listed work together.

I'm not asking you to drop...or forget about the verses you list. I aasking you to read the whole chapter. thats all

In Chrsit..James

4. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

What..still no other verse? let me help you on this one. It comes before the verses you list.

YES indeed...how sad ...still nothing.

To a non Calvinist...its like other verse are not there. humm. YET the freewillers say it is Calvinist that "twist".

Again let me ask you....are there other doors in this chapter? if so...please list them...and tell how ALL doors work together.

Or maybe you think the 1st part of chapter 3 should not be in the Bible. Is that it?

sad indeed

I'll drop it after this post. I have asked 5-6 times..No need to go on. This is where it always ends with Bob and I. Bob will not read the whole Bible. As always Bob...i will give you the last word on this one.

In Christ...James

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

James, what do you do with the "buy from me's" in verse 18?

6. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hi Webdog,

Sorry it has taken a while to reply. My church just finished a GREAT week of meetings with Steve Pettit. If any reader has never heard of him, let me say this, I feel he is one of the best of not the very best evangelist of the day.

http://www.spea.org/

There is a FREE download meassge on that site at the bottom right side of the linked paged called.. "What's So Amazing About Grace? ". Steve preached this message while at our church and it was VERY VERY good, as are all of his messages. Steve travels with a full music group...and i don't know much about the site..but I'm sure there are links on there about their music. I didn't even know that freedown load was on there till i looked for his wed site to type this post. I have not downloaded the message....but i'm sure its the same one.

The down load is worth the time...GREAT MESSAGE

Anyway...back to the notes found on here.

My short anwser to you webdog is, I believe it. [​IMG]

But I'm sure there are reasons why you ask. Do you think verse 18 is something I as a calvinist must deal with? I tell you now, not knowing your point, it up holds my views with the chapter and with the whole book.

The key to understanding this great book is found back in chapter one.

In Christ...James

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    quote:
    Originally posted by BobRyan:
    quote:

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at THE door, and knock:

#1. CHrist on the OUTSIDE - lost humanity alone on the INSIDE.
    #2. Christ is not opening the door - He is only knocking and waiting. (Drawing ALL mankind unto Him)
    #3. The invitation is in the form of a knock - NOT in the form of OPENING the door and coming in but WAITING and knocking!

----------------------

Some here would twist that statment of Christ into "Behold I stand at a FEW of the many doors and knock"!!

How sad!

At least we agree on "something".

Nice to see we finally came together on this point.

In Christ,

Bob

8. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hi Bob,

This thread has once again shown your true colors. You act as if no one ask you anything. You never reply to what was asked of you, you simply post the same notes over and over. By not replying means the other verses are not there, in your mind. Its like a child hearing news he does not want to hear. The child places his fingers in his ears and sings loud,,,LA LA LAAAAAA over and over. To the child if he does not hear the bad news he does not have to deal with it. To the child he can go on and have a good time, for the bad news is not there.

This has become as silly as the Johan thread last year, page up on page of you running from the truth. I have asked many times, and I said I would ask no more. I will keep my word.

Bob, do a word study of these words ....doulos, apokalupsis, ekklesia, paideuo and read the passage again. With the proper meaning in mine, one can understand.

Also..you could add propheteia, but the meaning is known as the same as the word used...and this only leans help to understand. The latter word is mainly of my views and can be debated. The other words listed above are clear and key to the passage.

In Christ..James