1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Question posed to me on blocking

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Herald, Sep 10, 2013.

1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

The accusations that are unremitting from you on BB and in this post are broad brush generalities.

If you really want to harp about it incessantly, why not address the actual posts themselves, you know, where the rubber meets the road? Otherwise, IMO you only come across as accusatory, pharisaical and the like and are doing a brand of what you are accusing others of.

Let it go and get off your soap box. It's an old song.

2. Herald

Herald New Member

Harp incessantly? I start one thread because a close friend of mine asked a question I thought was worthy of a discussion. I would be harping on it if I carried this topic into every thread I participated in on the BB. As it is, I do not, so you will excuse me if I do not accept your rebuke.

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just today Dr. Bob said "Heresy is the correct term...That is a false Gospel and truly evil teaching."

C4K spoke of some false teaching as "utter heresy".

I am in agreement with both of them in their thoughts. Some times a spade must be called a spade.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Even moreso to my point. You often pretend to come in like the voice of reason only to attempt to take a cheap shot based upon something that hasn't been said. But that's what the clique does and often has no qualms in trying to justify their reasons for doing so.

Good for you.

I'm sure you do because you just happen to be one of the folks with the attitude because of people's POV. It's not my fault that you and the others get upset about the hypocrisy of your posts being exposed. It's not my fault that you post some of the stuff that you do only to be shown that what you're saying isn't exclusive.

I didn't say you were my enemy. :laugh: So stop throwing up your own windmills. And you and the clique on this board may not be enemies, but you certainly don't treat those who don't share your POV as friends. So yeah, I'll play David to the big bad Goliath and call you and anyone else on the disgusting manner in which the lot of you treat people and then try to act pious and smug by making me or the persons you disagree with into a pariah in order to cover your own vile behavior.

I generally don't have three words to say to you because you like to swoop down take a cheap shot, get your pat of approval from the clique, and then profess to be taking the high road. In fact that's pretty much the MO of a few members of the clique. I can now check you off the list as I was anticipating your "appearance".

I give you the u-tube that was given to another.:thumbs:

I'm having a great day. Messageboard silliness out of grown people doesn't disrupt my day at all. Because as has been pointed out, a lot of you wouldn't dare speak to people like that face to face. It's just a part of this warped, online mentality that has emboldened some of you to act like pure crap online and then go to church and pretend to act Godly.

So you have a calmer day and attempt to be the same everywhere. A messageboard can't steal my joy.:flower:

#44 Zaac, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
  5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just reading this thread has caused my Ignore List to grow! Thanks Herald!

[​IMG]

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was it truly a discussion Herald.....or was it more of a condemnation about peoples exercising their Christian liberties? Recently you championed the cause for occasional partaking of alcohol under the banner against the "Team Temperance" & that was a well thought out delivery & used both scripture & explained our Baptist Christian Liberties. For that, I was proud that you championed the rights of those who wished to imbibe occasionally.

Here you appear to scold fellow Christians for having the common sense to actually put abusive people on "Ignore"....you yourself said you have done it......and why, well you considered it abusive & rather than allow for ugly scenes you put the offender on ignore.

So with that said, you have a silent friend who makes commentary apposing that decision by fellow Christians & make it a point to present his commentary to the Board......REALLY! FOR DISCUSSION???

Look, if your friend doesn't have the courage (& the class) to present this to BB openly in their own words & then take what ever commentary that comes back.....Then why are you being the spokesman for them? To tell you the truth Herald, this is one of those "Mind your own business" moments & you royally botched it my brother. Tell your friend to get off his or her hands & publicly come in here & plead their case.....otherwise brother, just leave it alone. All you did in this instance is inflame people for exercising their liberties. NO MORE TAYLOR HAM FOR YOU!!!! :laugh:

#46 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
  7. Herald

Herald New Member

It was a thread created for discussion. End of story.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And it should be left at that. Good discussion it was too.:thumbsup:

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Old saying my friend....."Perception" becomes reality. Done & done!

10. preacher4truth

It's nothing more than a gossip, hearsay, look down ones nose, finger pointing parade. 'My friend says....' :rolleyes:

Birds of feather flock together. The friend finger points, belittles and gossips to the other, and so does the messenger right here in the OP.

Hmmmm.

What's the point? Make a thread blasting others and do so in a broad brush manner? Have a problem with someone, go tell them personally. All it (OP) is the propagation of ones self, self-aggrandizement.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Good goodness. The man had a question and thought it would be a good idea to get some input from a group of Christians. And as usual, yall are tearing it down and making it into something it CLEARLY wasn't intended to be.

Calm down already. [​IMG]

12. preacher4truth

Lol! Look zaac it is quite interesting that at least 2 of you love to do the finger pointing post after post then when it is shown you're engaging in this, one of your favorite past times you get all self-righteous. The op is gossip, hearsay and finger pointing. Put it to rest. And if you (actually 'since') have problems with others behavior, man up and talk to them personally.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What's quite interesting is that anyone, who calls out the unGodly way the lot of you treat people, is labeled by one of you as a finger pointer or race baiter or a troll or a holier than thou Pharisee.

The man asked a question and yall are acting like he raped and pillaged a village.

If you didn't want to answer the question HE ASKED then bounce from the thread and go to another.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I cannot read P4T and another persons posts because I have two ignores, but if P4T is causing all the dissention, it is not worth the effort to press the keys. There is nothing genuine there.

15. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Wow- lots of "pot, meet kettle" on this thread.

16. preacher4truth

Go talk to those you are offended about and lose your broad brush prattle. Also, I answered him and biblically. The op is gossip and hearsay. Not everyone is going to jump on your soap box and agree with your public antics of pointing at others.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think the same thing. Just foolishness for the sake of foolishness.

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Be nice, be nice. I am really trying using the ignore feature. The phrase pot meets kettle does not exist if one forgives the past.

19. preacher4truth

Zaac, anything positive to add or are you still pointing fingers and making denigrating remarks? Those who offend you, have you approached them biblically?

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

One says I'm offended. Another says I see yall as the enemy. The lot of you are confused and I hope that is broad enough brush stroke for you. I view everyone here who says he is a Borther or Sister in Christ as such. But somewhere along the way yall have developed some very nasty, unloving attitudes by which you think it's okay to treat folks any old kind of way as long as you say "Biblically".

What's Biblical about

Then there was no need for you to comment.

You mean like your comments about Herald have done? I notice it's fine to point the finger when it's coming from the clique about someone with whom tey disagree. But let someone point the finger at yall's foolishness and te group colective get's huffy and starts turning up your noses.