1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

QUESTION: Why Do You Have Faith?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Dr Mixer GED, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Be consistent Luke. God is coming to terms with it. "I" don't DO anything.
    No, Luke, again, you need consistency. God is seeing the error, I'm not doing anything. And stop taking credit for what God is doing. That is his job, not yours.
    No, it's fine by God. Consistency Luke.

No, God is pointing out the problem to God. Be consistent!!!

You are still doing it. God is coming to terms with this and God is thankful. Stop trying to be sovereign Luke, that is God's job.

2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Did you read my post?

I asked you to clarify in one post what you were committing to.

You just vehemently committed to something in that post without saying what it was.

Commit that vociferously to not moderating me in our discussions and I will engage you. Do it in one post clearly so I can archive it and use it in the future if you renege.

3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Well you're growing. You might not quite understand compatabalism yet, but you are certainly a lot better off believing the above than what you have been touting.:love2:

And yes- I do mean that God is causing you to do it.:love2::thumbs::jesus:

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is okay Luke. I am not up to playing your games. If you are not decent enough to debate I won't debate you, won't even try to engage you. There are plenty of intelligent people on this board that are more than willing to enter into dialogue

But know this. I will watch you like a hawk. I will edit your posts. I will give you warnings. I will even give you infractions if necessary.

But I am not going to stoop down at your feet begging for the privilege to debate with you. There is no such privilege. I will see you around Luke, but not in debates.

5. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I will archive THIS post then and use it to prove your unbalanced moderating of me to the administrators when it arises- and it will- it has and you can't change, I bet.

I also know several others who will vouch for this fact.

6. Skandelon

Then why aren't you debating Him?:laugh:

7. Skandelon

Luke, I wouldn't advise that. I just read through your exchange and from what I can tell it appears that DHK extended an olive branch and you took it and stomped all over it and handed it back and said, "Give me a better one."

I don't see any moderator, Cal or non-Cal, siding with you on that point, especially considering your history.

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

It is a threat.

Any reasonable person can see that.

All I asked him to do was commit clearly not to moderate me while involved in a discussion with him.

He doesn't have to do that.

And neither do I have to speak with people who intend to moderate me WHILE debating me.

I will not.

So I have saved this post of his for future reference.

9. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Because he wills it!:laugh::thumbs:

10. Skandelon

To which he graciously agreed to do and just how did you reply?

Rudely.

Go figure.

11. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

The "go figure" is rude skandelon. If you are going to ride your high horse you can't do that. You forfeit your high horse if you are rude while rebuking someone for being rude.

I actually was NOT intending to be rude. I wasn't playing games either.

I wanted a single post that said clearly that DHK would not moderate me while engaged in discussion with me.

He responded with a post that said he vehemently commits to something but that post did not say WHAT he was committing to.

I asked him to clarify WHAT he committed to in a single post and he become outraged and spewed out this threat to watch me like a hawk and thaqt he would SEE ME but not in a DEBATE.

That's abuse of power.

He has been rebuked by several members for that before.

12. Skandelon

Luke, I've had to post this question twice so far and it keeps getting ignored. Did you miss it again?

13. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

You know, the last several pages of this thread reminds me of something that a wise father and sheriff of a small town in North Carolina, on a well known TV sitcom, used to say...with great exasperation....

:laugh:

#93 Alive in Christ, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2011
  14. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Reminds me of kids in a kindergarten class fighting over who gets the donut with the most sprinkles on top.

Gosh...

#94 Alive in Christ, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.