1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Questionable Ad's in the Baptist Theology & Bible Study Forum

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by wpe3bql, Jul 20, 2015.

1. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

I'm not sure if any of you in BB Land have noticed it, but I certainly have, and it concerns me that "the powers that be" seemingly haven't done anything about trying to get this ad removed.

Granted, I know that the BB administrators and/or moderators don't have a whole lot of say-so regarding most of the ads that appear on BB, but IMHO I think something needs to be done to try to get this ad removed, especially from the forum in which it appears.

The ad in question is a promotion for "Inspirational Jewelry" from a LemonberryLane.com. I don't know anything about this company, but the two items they're pushing on BB are: 1) "Prayer Box Necklace With Secret Message Inside!" and 2) "Serenity Prayer Necklace With Wing & Amethyst"

I don't know anything about these two items, but IMHO the way in which they are presented on BB smacks of some kind of RCC style fetishism....or some other kind of "good luck charm."

Now, I don't have anything against women wearing necklaces that, to them, are "pretty," but IMHO, these necklaces don't seem to have that connotation; thus, I don't think that BB ought to allow them to be advertised on any of its forums.

Maybe I'm just over sensitive about this. If you feel that I am, then I humbly ask for your forgiveness. OTOH, I honestly believe that BB is not the proper venue to promote the "messages" that these items seem to have behind them.

Your comments/ideas/suggestions on this matter are welcomed, and I thank any/all BB Land posters for whatever input you care to make about this subject. :wavey:

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ads are in rotation through google ads and are generated based on content posted. Undesirable ads can be reported so Andrew can take them out of rotation.

I do not see any ads because I have ad blocker in my browser.

3. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

Rev Mitchell:

Thanks for your quick response to my OP.

I fully realize that being a BB administrator and/or moderator is quite often a very thankless task. It certainly isn't one that I'd want to take on, but I appreciate the good work that they do.

In no way should anyone interpret my OP as a criticism of any of our BB administrators and/or moderators because that certainly is NOT my intent.

I'm positive that they spend many hours a week trying to maintain the integrity of BB--and over the years I've been with BB, I'd say that they do an outstanding job of it.

I simply wanted to bring this to the attention of Andrew (or anyone else who has the authority to do so) in order that this one particular ad can be reviewed and hopefully removed from BB.

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only "objectionable" ads I've seen - and this is more my pet peeve than anything - are the ads for "sermon in a box" services.

Hate those things.