1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Questionnaires

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Mexdeaf, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Well, I kind of stuck my neck out by mentioning questionnaires. I agree that a tastefully done questionnaire, oriented towards missionaries in their deputation ministry, would be helpful to pastors and churches in determining who to invite for consideration of support.

However, my main bone of contention is the questionnaires that are sent to missionaries already on the field, most of which are obviously looking for something to nitpick over and a reason to discontinue support.

So, here's my question... what do you consider a 'reasonable questionnaire'- to use C4K's words?

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Hmm, I helped write a couple in the past before the Lord directed us to missions ourselves, but I'd like to see them now from this perspective.

Thats an excellent question. I'll need to mull it over. I also have to think about new questionnaire's sent to missionaries on the field.

3. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I assume you guys wouldnt mind the questiionnaires that are obviously just trying to get to know you better and find out how we can meet your needs? We have one we've used that asks "if you had one thing you WANTED, not necessarily needed, what would that thing be?" and we asked things like kids, and ages and anniversary dates.....

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

These are no problem, it is the stuff that is seeking to find something to squabble over that it a bother.

I do wish that churches, with modern technology, would establish a database, or even an old fashioned paper file with relevant details. We are asked the same questions about birthdays etc year after year by some churches. None of our birthdays have changed yet ;) .

5. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Thats what Ive started here.
    And its such a big help when you put them on your prayer cards!

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I think most of us do so. Its good to have input from your side of things bapmom [​IMG] .

7. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well actually, only one question should be sufficient: "Do you still adhere to the doctrinal statement of your mission board, and do your best to abide by its principles and policies?" [​IMG] If a pastor doesn't like our board, why is he even having us present our ministry or supporting us? The board serves as a weeding-out agency, right?

However, if there has to be a real questionaire, if it gets over a page in length, or even slightly under, it becomes picky to me.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

A good general consensus John. I would think that would suffice. I am getting more and more questions about the versions issue, but I stand where my church and mission board stand - that should suffice, IMHO.