1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Questions about Baptists

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by CrAzYaZnMoNk, Sep 2, 2001.

1. CrAzYaZnMoNk

CrAzYaZnMoNk Guest

Hello,
    right now i consider myself a Christian. I was wondering if there is anybody out there that can really explain to me the difference between christianity and baptists.
    Thanx

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's almost funny.

Baptists ARE Christians. There is no difference between them.

Many, many people are considered Christains: Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, Pentecostals, Church of Christ, Disciples of Christ, etc., etc., etc.

Your question should be: why do we call ourselves "baptist" instead of mormon, or JW, or whatever, and why do they call themselves mormon, JW, or whatever instead of baptist.

3. myreflection26

myreflection26 New Member

Baptists fall under denomination and Christianity falls under religion.

In other words Baptists, Charismatics,Methodists,Church of Christ, ect. would be denomination

Christianity, Buddists, Athiests, Scientologists ect. are religions

Sue

4. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

CrAzYaZnMoNk,

Please refrain from posting false dubious claims such as "turn $6 to thousands". If you did not understand that these are false that is fine, but do not do that from now on.

If you would like to know what makes Baptists different go to www.garbc.org and click on Baptist Distinctives.

Until Next Post, Adam