1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Questions About Miracles

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by adisciplinedlearner, Jul 19, 2010.

1. adisciplinedlearner

adisciplinedlearner New Member

What is a miracle? Do miracles still happen today?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What is a miracle?

A miracle is something either natural or supernatural that is uniquely timed to bring glory to God.

Do miracles still happen today?

Yes and I've seen them happen MANY times. I have a son and a daughter who are miracles due to being born after 8 years of infertility. I have seen miracles in other people's lives too. You can see some that we featured recently in our church in something called "Cardboard Testimonies":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwAHk90xJJM

3. adisciplinedlearner

adisciplinedlearner New Member

Inspiring YouTube presentation! Jesus makes a big difference in human lives.

Is a miracle a violation of the so-called laws of nature? If so, do miracles still happen today?

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Some time back our church also had a Cardboard Testimony presentation. Very powerful!

And, yes, miracles still happen today. The greatest miracle of all occurs each time a lost sinner is changed from death unto eternal life the moment he/she receives Jesus Christ as his/her Savior.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It certainly can but it also can follow the laws of nature.

There was a couple in our church who could not have a child. They came forward along with 18 other families for prayer and each and every family went on to have a child. EVERY single one of them was a boy and this one couple's boy was born ..... with a dead placenta. The placenta was black and was no longer attached to the uterus. That baby was a miracle - every single doctor in that hospital knew it. That violated the laws of nature. So did every one of those 18 women having children within 18 months of being prayed for. I was one of those women. :)

6. billwald

billwald New Member

A miracle is a statistically improbable event.

In the Bible, good guys do miracles and bad guys do magic even if it is the same sort of event. The Bible writers made sure that the good guys had more powerful magic than the bad guys.