1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Questions for a prospective Pastor

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Paladin, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Paladin

Paladin New Member

Serving on the pastor search committee, we will be interviewing a candidate soon. I would like to know of any theological or doctrinal questions that should be asked of all candidates.

Also this for pastors -- are there any questions you expect a committee to ask you that are normally not asked.

Thanks!

2. NateT

NateT Member

I'd make sure he goes over his testimony. Don't just assume that a man is saved just because he wants to be a pastor.

We didn't have any "standard" questions. But then again, we only really talked with 1 guy. We looked at 100s of resumes, got tapes from a few people, but only "interviewed" one guy.

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I recieved 5 pages of questions, and the response was 23 pages, plus I added my doctrinal statement which is 6 pages and covers almost every conceivable doctrinal question (including some that they asked). But, include questions such as "What must I do to be saved?", "What must I do to stay saved", and "Is the Kingdom literal or spiritual?" Oh, and "Are you a KJV Onlyist?"