1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Questions For ALL Moderators

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Hark, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Greetings in the name of Jesus Christ, brothers & sisters :love2:

I know that there are sections of the forums that are for "Baptists Only", but I was wondering if I would be in trouble for duplicating the topic that is in the "Baptists Only" part of the forums to make it available in the "All Christians" part of the forum even though I am not the originator of said topic?

Some forums have rules against duplicated posts from a member, but with the current restrictions in place as dividing Baptists from all other christians, I am not sure if I would be allowed to duplicate the OP from the Baptists Only part of the forum in placing it in the All Christians part of the forum?

Or am I allowed to open two windows and hit quote reply on the topic in the Baptists Only part of the forum, copy the quoted reply of the OP in one window, and then paste it in the duplicated title in "All Christians" part of the forum in the other window to give my reply there?

Seems there are alot of interesting topics in the Baptists Only part of the forum, and I would not mind having some exchanges from Baptists in the All Christian part of the forum on those topics if that is permissable.:type:

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say go ahead and do it - if you don't get banned - then its probably ok :smilewinkgrin:

3. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL !! :laugh:

I'm chicken. Bawk bawk bawk....

Thanks anyway, but I'll wait. :smilewinkgrin:

Maybe they are having a conference in that Private part of the forum for Moderators about my questions; you know, just as long as there is an agreement across the board for all moderators to know it is okay.

Best to make sure all the mods are on the same page rather than unwittingly create a discord between them.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

If you are a Baptist, post it in the Baptist only. If you want a wide range, post it somewhere else.

5. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay. I am not a Baptist and so I guess I am allowed to duplicate the topic in the Baptists Only part of the forum in the All Christian part of the forum then in order to give my reply.

Thanks.

6. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hark, you can ask the same question or post the same issue in the Other Christian Denominations forum. I wouldn't suggest that you merely copy and then paste the exact post of another member. If he/she wanted his/her exact post in the other forum, they would have placed it there to begin with.

If it is an issue that you find interesting, feel free to post a similar thread in the forum of your choice.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off topic, just wondering what denomination you are?

8. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oops. Too late. Did it with the "Home church" thread. I'll avoid doing that next time. Thanks.

Okay. Glad that was cleared up. Thanks.

9. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Former Presbyterian... no affiliation now. By His grace & by His help, just relying on my Good Shepherd to represent Him which is really what each christian as well as each church should be doing any way.