1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Questions for Calvinists

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by thjplgvp, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

:)

I thought Erasmus and Pelagius were dead. But, maybe their spirit lives on in the year 2006.

The often used reply.."well look at this other passage"....as they never look at your post...... Today in Washington they call this Wag the Dog.....or ...deflecting attention from the crisis. :)

2. Blammo

Blammo New Member

I think the reason people point you to other passages, is not to avoid what the passage says, more likely the reason is they already know what you believe it says, and they are trying to show you it can't mean what you think because what you think is contradicted by another passage.

How's that for a run-on sentence? :smilewinkgrin:

If you would like, I would enjoy discussing John 8 with you. Perhaps in a new thread, or, to avoid another topic changing, (all the time), C/A debate, bunch of confusion, we could discuss in private messages. I prefer it out in the open, but, I'll leave it up to you.

3. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hello Blammo,

Run-on sentence?? You have a ways to go to match my rambles. When you get the word count up, you may want to do as I. I always like to put in a few mis-spelled words and leave out a few other words, so that people can't tell if they agree with me or not. :)

Are you saying that if we start a new thread, the topic will never change? :)

I'll let you start it..and I'll join you however you would prefer. My family is away this weekend, so I can stay up all night with a few coffees. I would like it not to just cover John 8, but all the passages of the big "T". But John 8 will do too.

#83 Jarthur001, Aug 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2006
  4. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I would like to add.

Although this is not always the case, I do feel at times some do avoid addressing some verses. I'm sure others know what I believe on a given passage without even asking me, but I would like hear from others that do not hold to Calvinism, how they deal with some passages that are clear cut to me. I know there are other verses we must look at, but some never say yes..or no...or black ...or white or anything about some passages. They only point to other passages. We then look at those passages..and never go back to the ones that were avoided.

5. Blammo

Blammo New Member

:laugh: You do that on purpose???

The complete opposite, actually.:tongue3:

:eek:

Okay, but it will be the first thread started by me. It's dinner time now, so it may be awhile.

6. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I saw your thread today on John 8 and I did briefly chime in. Debating by PM is not a good idea - there's limited space in the PM folder. Besides, the moor involved, the merrier.